Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio Capture setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Audio Capture setup?

    I have added the Audio Capture Component to my player pawn, however Audio Envelope Value posts only 0's to the print string, even when the component is activated, any idea why this is happening? My Mic is the only input device activated in my computer and I have a print string telling me that my mic is in use

    Thank you for the help

    #2
    Originally posted by IInnes View Post
    I have added the Audio Capture Component to my player pawn, however Audio Envelope Value posts only 0's to the print string, even when the component is activated, any idea why this is happening? My Mic is the only input device activated in my computer and I have a print string telling me that my mic is in use

    Thank you for the help
    It is running in this example(project DL link in video description), does it work for you if you try it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-itUVTOB8as

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post

      It is running in this example(project DL link in video description), does it work for you if you try it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-itUVTOB8as
      I downloaded the project and tried to understand what was different between your AudioCaptureComponent and my own. Even after removing the Effects bit and turning off Output to Bus, it still works in your project but not my own. I'm so confused to why mines not working. Is there something in the project or editor settings that I am missing?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post

        It is running in this example(project DL link in video description), does it work for you if you try it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-itUVTOB8as

        I have checked your project and removed some of the components from your AudioCaptureComponents Effects to make them match mine. Your project still works without them, however mine doesn't and I dont understand why. Is there a setting I have to change in project settings? Or something else? Im not exactly sure what Im missing, thank you for your help by the way

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by IInnes View Post


          I have checked your project and removed some of the components from your AudioCaptureComponents Effects to make them match mine. Your project still works without them, however mine doesn't and I dont understand why. Is there a setting I have to change in project settings? Or something else? Im not exactly sure what Im missing, thank you for your help by the way
          In your project, is the audio capture plugin enabled? And the new audio engine enabled?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post

            In your project, is the audio capture plugin enabled? And the new audio engine enabled?
            Yeah, both of them are enabled

            Comment


              #7
              Component activated? Mic registers audio and is default input device? Running out of ideas mayne

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post
                Component activated? Mic registers audio and is default input device? Running out of ideas mayne
                yeah both activated and my microphone are connected Haha

                I'm out of ideas also

                Comment


                  #9
                  Anyone else got any suggestions T_T Im desperate haha

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post
                    Component activated? Mic registers audio and is default input device? Running out of ideas mayne
                    Arthur, I've gone back and looked at your project and examined a few more things. I even went to the extent of making a new level and a new BP for a microphone, doing the exact setup from my project but from scratch. Somehow it worked.
                    I have Audio Capture Plugin installed on my project (otherwise I couldnt use the component)

                    Is there any editor or project settings that you may have different from the default

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by IInnes View Post

                      Is there any editor or project settings that you may have different from the default
                      Hmm, I really don't think there's any more settings regarding that! 500% percent sure the new audio engine is on? Care to double check? A sure test: Is it possible to create f.ex new submix assets in content browser?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X