Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New audio engine messes up my existing reverbs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New audio engine messes up my existing reverbs?

If I activate the new audio engine on an existing project, the reverb settings are all messed up/not working. What is causing this? I know it might be a million different things, but any general idea?
    Thanks

It's a completely new(and better) reverb, so for existing projects you gotta go over and mix them again.

Comment

Ok, so I basically have to set up new reverbs? The old reverbs are still referenced. Is it this old reverb, that has been updated? Seems a bit weird when it ocmes to back-compatability.

Comment

The legacy Audio Engine did not have any native reverb. That means each platform had its own reverb implementation (provided by that platform, so Windows and XBox had a reverb created by Microsoft, Playstation had a reverb developed by Sony, Mac had a reverb provided by Apple) and your settings sounded different on all of them--and some platforms did not have reverb at all.

The New Unreal Audio Engine uses a native reverb effect that all platforms will use, in order for this to happen, we had to develop our own reverb effect.

The result is that if you use the New Unreal Audio Engine, then the reverb settings you tune on Windows will sound the same on all the platforms you deploy to--so you're not wasting your time tuning your reverb in the new engine.
        Dan Reynolds
        Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

makes great sense. Thanks

Comment

By the way. In the past, you could type stat_Reverb and see what reverb was being used. That feature has gone?

Comment

Working...
            X