Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start recording output and stop recording output?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start recording output and stop recording output?

Hello, I found these 2 nodes and I'm trying to get it to output my ingame audio as it says in the docs:

FROM DOCS "Start recording audio. By leaving the Submix To Record field blank, you can record the master output of the game."

FROM DOCS "Stop recording audio. Path can be absolute, or relative (to the /Saved/BouncedWavFiles folder). By leaving the Submix To Record field blank, you can record the master output of the game."

I have audio that is triggered by events in game and i can't seem to get it to record my audio. here is my BP below. anyone have an idea how to get it recording and saving the wav file to my drive?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Views:	1
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1649865
    Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

@Minus_Kelvin got any ideas why its not working?

Comment

frostic, the Delay function actually delays the execution on the rest of the execution graph, so you aren't actually calling PlaySoundAtLocation until after FinishRecordingOutput has been called. So if you're trying to record that sound, it may be too late.

Otherwise, I would simplify your path just in case there's some path error and it's not saving to the correct location.
      Dan Reynolds
      Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
        frostic, the Delay function actually delays the execution on the rest of the execution graph, so you aren't actually calling PlaySoundAtLocation until after FinishRecordingOutput has been called. So if you're trying to record that sound, it may be too late.

Otherwise, I would simplify your path just in case there's some path error and it's not saving to the correct location.
        the play sound at location was to play after the recording was done just so i knew when i could stop and check if it saved my audio.
        the sounds are played by collisions of drum sticks, and i'm trying to capture that as a wav file so people can share their drumming i added the delay because i figured
        since its event driven sounds by the drums it would record for 30 seconds. i'm guessing that expected duration is like the delay before FinishRecordingOutput happens?
        I'll try without that delay. I have used c:\ and f:\ and lots of different folder locations. i'm thinking that delay is making it 60 seconds since my
        expected duration is 30 and the delay is 30. i just thought it needed delayed before the FinishRecordingOutput was called.
        hope this works

Comment

dan.reynolds SCRATCH ALL THAT LOL. I got it working. it can't be done in line... lol that broke it.
          now if i set the D to start and F to finish it works.

so basically it needs to be started by 1 event and ended by another event.
          Last edited by frostic; 08-08-2019, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Hmmmm, I would not expect that to be a problem. Delay nodes are like timer delegates.

The expected duration pre-allocates a scratch buffer.
            Dan Reynolds
            Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
              Hmmmm, I would not expect that to be a problem. Delay nodes are like timer delegates.

The expected duration pre-allocates a scratch buffer.
              well whatever it is its working and your messages helped me to get it working using a widget. thanks for your help. may this post help someone else Cheers <3

Comment

dan.reynolds so everything works in editor but my packaged game will not record. it throws this error :

LogAudioMixer: Error: Output recording is an audio mixer only feature. Please run the game with -audiomixer to enable this feature.

But this game is an oculus game, there is no way I can possible have oculus users to go into folders and add this because it runs directly from the exe not a shortcut......
                how in the world OR Why in the world is this setup this way? why can't i enable it in the project settings?
                this makes no sense to me. please tell me there is a way to do this.

Comment

Working...
                X