Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a looping BGM with an intro (and also have an audio visualizer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a looping BGM with an intro (and also have an audio visualizer)

I know it sounds trivial, but it's surprisingly hard to find a tutorial that explains how to do something simple like this with the new audio engine.
    As the title says, I don't want any fancy interactive music, but just a normal BGM track that loops and has an intro which plays once before the first loop.
    Well, I guess it's a bit fancy in that I also want a little audio visualizer as part of the HUD for which up until now I've been using Calculate Frequency Spectrum.
    I've tried using a normal sound cue which concatenates the Intro and the Loop wave, with the Loop wave being set to loop, but A) this has a small pause between the Intro and the Loop and B) Calculate Frequency Spectrum doesn't accept a sound cues, only sound waves.
    Is there some functionality in the new audio engine that can easily achieve this? Because from what I've seen, having to learn TimeSynth seems a bit overkill for one single concatenation.

Cheers,
    Alenoba

Originally posted by Alenoba View Post
    I know it sounds trivial, but it's surprisingly hard to find a tutorial that explains how to do something simple like this with the new audio engine.
    As the title says, I don't want any fancy interactive music, but just a normal BGM track that loops and has an intro which plays once before the first loop.
    Well, I guess it's a bit fancy in that I also want a little audio visualizer as part of the HUD for which up until now I've been using Calculate Frequency Spectrum.
    I've tried using a normal sound cue which concatenates the Intro and the Loop wave, with the Loop wave being set to loop, but A) this has a small pause between the Intro and the Loop and B) Calculate Frequency Spectrum doesn't accept a sound cues, only sound waves.
    Is there some functionality in the new audio engine that can easily achieve this? Because from what I've seen, having to learn TimeSynth seems a bit overkill for one single concatenation.

Cheers,
    Alenoba
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...dio-blueprints

Check this thread out for audio visualizer work ArthurBarthur is doing. Very good stuff here.

Comment

Working...
    X