X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    V9.8 released btw!!!
    Been out for 2 weeks lol.
    Just started work on V9.9/1.0 and realized..

!!!! You can directly support development by naming any price for any of my 'games' here: https://diggart.itch.io/ ​​​​​

NEW Feature Examples in V0.9.8
    • "Candy" Audio Visualizer
    • Huge hub-level with game-modes, doors to all levels, lots of silly BPs and more.
    • Jump-pads that trigger samples(audio)

Already Included Feature Samples
    • Submix meters(practical and simple in-world volume visualizers for submixes)
    • Submix recording example(to soundwave or .wav)
    • Audio capture examples(Three new levels, incl recording and visualizing mic without hearing ourselves)
    • Independent pitch and playback-speed control with granular player(thank you for HQ voice sample Megagoth1702)
    • SpringKeys, a physical, springy piano synthesizer instrument
    • Granular chord choir music instrument thing
    • Basic Modulation Plugin example
    • Spline-based variation on the frequency visualizers
    • Single frequency audio-visualizer boxes as standalone things
    • Live Submix Effect-tweaker knob
    • Synesthesia plugin examples
    • Modulation plugin example
    • More musical Rollplate-examples added
    • Rollplates; an evolution of the existing noteplates. Registers rolling objects as well, and uses physics for note velocity.
    • Source effects(live modulation)
    • 'NoteRunner' synth music based on physics and world-Z
    • Midi input/output
    • Spatial propagation example
    • Modular Synth Preset Randomizer
    • Spatial music-triggers
    • Mic/Input capture
    • Modular Synth
    • visualization with single sound envelope followers
    • submix FFT frequency analyzers and visualizers
    • granular synthesis based door-hinges
    • TimeSynth working as drum machine
    • SourceBus, Submix and SourceEffect routing

Download
    Discord: https://discord.gg/dKAshs7
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by inzist23 View Post
    hi, I have a problem with audio capture, when I stop the unreal engine 4.25.1 simulation it freezes and I am forced to close the program. I need to let the audio in directly from the microphone of my pc to generate a real time visualization ... could you help me understand why the audio capture component generates this problem?
    thank you so much for sharing your investigation
    Hmm, not sure what's up with that! Does the crash happen with an empty project, where the only things we do is make sure 'Audio Capture' plugin is enabled, then make an actor and add an Audio Capture Component to it? Should be enough to get default mic input going!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Magneto View Post
    Great stuff as always! Im not sure if i asked before but is it now possible to get plugins audio like the webbrowser to affect the visualiser? I was hoping with the new audio engine and other updates this might now work since it didn't last time i tried sometime ago. Id love to get web audio and youtube working? Thanks!
    Hey! Haven't tried the web-browser, but if it's an older plugin it might not be so easy out of the box..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi, I have a problem with audio capture, when I stop the unreal engine 4.25.1 simulation it freezes and I am forced to close the program. I need to let the audio in directly from the microphone of my pc to generate a real time visualization ... could you help me understand why the audio capture component generates this problem?
    thank you so much for sharing your investigation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great stuff as always! Im not sure if i asked before but is it now possible to get plugins audio like the webbrowser to affect the visualiser? I was hoping with the new audio engine and other updates this might now work since it didn't last time i tried sometime ago. Id love to get web audio and youtube working? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is so good! Phenomenal job sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    V0.9.6 released!!!

Download: https://github.com/ArthurBarthur/ArthursAudioBPs
    Chat/Discord: https://discord.gg/dKAshs7

Still no overview-video, but the features are:

NEW Feature Examples in V0.9.6
    • Submix meters(simple volume-visualizers for submixes)
    • Submix recording example(to soundwave or .wav)
    • Audio capture examples(Three new levels, incl recording and visualizing mic without hearing ourselves)
    Other v0.9.6 Improvements
    • NoteRunner level with truly super duper random sounds every time
    • SpringKeys are performant now(they were auto-shutting off at 0 volume, causing stuttering. Now the oscs never hit 0 vol)
    • Lots of little fixes and changes here, there, everywhere!
    • Submix effect tweaker is..better
    • hundreds of little things here and there

This should be the last version before 1.0, which is intended for marketplace...will still be free download here as well though. Meanwhile, you CAN give your direct support by paying for any of these 'games' here: https://diggart.itch.io/
    Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 05-29-2020, 02:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CBL View Post
    The only thing that sucks about this project is that we can't give you money for it! Put that thing on the Marketplace sir!
    Thank you one million!!! Yes to give this project the attention it deserves, we need dollaz. I am WORKING ON IT
    AaBPs v1.0 (currently at 0.9.6) is aimed for marketplace.
    Meanwhile, you CAN give your direct support by paying for any of these 'games' here: https://diggart.itch.io/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only thing that sucks about this project is that we can't give you money for it! Put that thing on the Marketplace sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by moianminh2 View Post
    I am very grateful for what you have done. How can I create a spotlight BPs that increase or decrease the intensity and color according to the music? Can you guide me to do that. Thanks you
    Hey, yes! Here is one way. Let me know more about what you want, how many lights etc, because I would do it a different way then. Thanks for the request!

Edit: Follow-up video for doing many spotlights for stage lighting etc with good performance:

Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 05-22-2020, 05:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am very grateful for what you have done. How can I create a spotlight BPs that increase or decrease the intensity and color according to the music? Can you guide me to do that. Thanks you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha, thanks Arthur that's given me some good food for thought Thanks too for that specific link to the tricksy bit of Dan's talk - feels hacky but could be a way round it! I did the watch the whole thing too, some good leads about procedural music towards the end. I've found out a bit more about the timing issue but don't want to derail this thread, so I've put it in my own question thread if you're curious or have time to bring your expertise to it!
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...sing-timesynth

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wishpoosh View Post
    Hi Arthur this is superb work, so inspiring! Thanks for sharing your projects too, really generous and educational. I wanted to ask, I've played with your Timesynth example and it suffers the same timing glitches my projects are having due to being locked to the game thread. In your audio explorations have you ever found a way to make a fully game thread-independent music sequencer? Thanks for any pointers!
    Thanks mate! Makes me very happy. I'm glad we can learn and make cool stuff that don't exist!

Timesynth can work very well! We have to launch notes before we want them played, and it will launch on next quantized beat. Exactly same as any drum-machine or sample launchpad. As long as we keep our fps decent and watch it, we can use the info to know when we have to launch clips, and when it's too late, etc. There is no sequencer built into it - we have to make our own, and it will also take into account fps, beat intervals, and what frame to launch on.

My minimal implementation in AaBPs is VERY LAZY, and doesn't think about fps at all! So it just does its thing, even if it doesn't work out because reasons. With a "smarter" system this should not be a problem.

If it's not quick fire samples, but dynamic music from pre-made loops and sections, it would probably be easier to do it in blueprints, and leverage the fact that we can launch samples at specific times within that sample, and be very specific about it. So you can design your samples for this, and give them a lead-in.
    Say you give all your samples a 0,2 sec silence in beginning. Normally you will start all samples with start time 0,2. When you need to launch it VERY SPECIFICALLY, you can check your tick delta, be smart, and offset the start time and say f.ex 0,197 to get right on the money.

Look at Dan's example here for the BP example. The following link is directly to the sneaky part you care most about(from around 52:17), but do watch the whole thing: https://youtu.be/yce2t85MJD8?t=3137
    Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 04-23-2020, 05:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Arthur this is superb work, so inspiring! Thanks for sharing your projects too, really generous and educational. I wanted to ask, I've played with your Timesynth example and it suffers the same timing glitches my projects are having due to being locked to the game thread. In your audio explorations have you ever found a way to make a fully game thread-independent music sequencer? Thanks for any pointers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ccccccoooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllmanawesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X