Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok.
    The issue is clearly with my setup.
    I did a fresh install of all components on a new machine, and your project compiles ok with the settings I mentioned above.

Sorry for the confusion and a big thank you for the fast answer.

thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by edstoica View Post
      Ok.
      The issue is clearly with my setup.
      I did a fresh install of all components on a new machine, and your project compiles ok with the settings I mentioned above.

Sorry for the confusion and a big thank you for the fast answer.

thumbs up!
      Great news!!! Very good to hear. Got things running again
      Try my procedural music tools: Arthurs Audio BPs

Comment

Thanks Arthur for all the great stuff that you shared, i'm trying to use them for some VFX and wondering if there is a way to export videos with sequencer.
        When i'm trying to export - lights are all the way at 100%.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Stirbus View Post
          Thanks Arthur for all the great stuff that you shared, i'm trying to use them for some VFX and wondering if there is a way to export videos with sequencer.
          When i'm trying to export - lights are all the way at 100%.

Thanks!
          I haven't tried the sequencer yet, so can't help much, but..isn't it doing some slower frame-by-frame export at high quality? The visualizers are made for real-time use, at "normal" simulation frame-rates.

A possible path is that we can bake the analysis of samples, instead of doing it real-time. Again something I haven't tried yet, but should be able to store a dataset with freq+magnitude values, which we can query with timestamps or similar.

Now instead of sequencer failing to get realtime audio, we'd have it query the dataset every frame, and it will get back the correct value.
          Would probably also have to decouple the current smoothing setup from frame-time, and replace it with something that works step by step in the way sequencer runs logic.

Comment

i tried the audio capture map on my mobile , but it seems that it doesn't read the mobile microphone , the logged value is 0.0 all the time , even after i gave it the RECORD_AUDIO Permission , but still cant get it running , any fix ?! ( Huawei GR5 2017 Android 7.0 )
            Last edited by HashemShepard; 10-21-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HashemShepard View Post
              i tried the audio capture map on my mobile , but it seems that it doesn't read the mobile microphone , the logged value is 0.0 all the time , even after i gave it the RECORD_AUDIO Permission , but still cant get it running , any fix ?! ( Huawei GR5 2017 Android 7.0 )
              Regretfully, that audio capture plugin is for Windows only! Could be reworked for other platforms, but that is very custom work. Maybe look around to see if someone has published any Android-specific implementations lately?

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post

Regretfully, that audio capture plugin is for Windows only! Could be reworked for other platforms, but that is very custom work. Maybe look around to see if someone has published any Android-specific implementations lately?
                thanks for your reply, that's sad to here.
                i hardly found any good documentation for audio capture and i found no tutorials for it , i was relived when i found your project and that it is working well on pc , but found nothing related to android
                there is this speech recognition plugin
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ndroid-release
                after some hard work i finally managed to run it correctly on 4.23 but still the same problem , the game doesnt get any input from the mobile microphone and the author is not replying to either comments nor messages :'(

Comment

ArthursAudioBPs v007 is out!

Video overview of V7: https://youtu.be/dtfeVrcapfQ

NEW: Rollplates; an evolution of the existing noteplates. Registers rolling objects as well, and uses physics for note velocity.
                  Oh, and also reorganized everything, again! But, at least there's many small improvements and fixes everywhere as well.

DL: https://github.com/ArthurBarthur/ArthursAudioBPs

Comment

ArthursAudioBPs v007 is out!

Video overview of V7: https://youtu.be/dtfeVrcapfQ

NEW: Rollplates; an evolution of the existing noteplates. Registers rolling objects as well, and uses physics for note velocity.
                    Oh, and also reorganized everything, again! But, at least there's many small improvements and fixes everywhere as well.

I was just wondering how do you get the frequency visualisation bars to show smooth but accurate real time values?

I’ve played around with attack and release without much luck. if you play a simple repeating sound like a drum it's all over the place and never shows the same values each time as you would get in a proper spectrum analyser?

Also how do you add more frequency levels to make a nicer and more accurate visualisation?

Thanks again for this great project!

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto View Post

I was just wondering how do you get the frequency visualisation bars to show smooth but accurate real time values?

I’ve played around with attack and release without much luck. if you play a simple repeating sound like a drum it's all over the place and never shows the same values each time as you would get in a proper spectrum analyser?

Also how do you add more frequency levels to make a nicer and more accurate visualisation?

Thanks again for this great project!
                      Most of the visualizers are real-time, so will never be the same! What we can do is bake the results per sample. Check in the sound wave asset, under the FFT tab. It won't do real-time submix analysis, but you will be able to get a consistent, pollable dataset of baked values, per sound. That should be the same every time. But it's not something I showcase in AaBPs, as of now!

To add more frequencies on the current real-time examples, on for example the existing bp_SubmixAnalyser > bp_AnalysisBeautifier > bp_FrequencyVisualizer chain: look at the SubmixAnalyser details in level. There will be an editable array/list called "Frequencies to Analyze" right there, and you can add or remove as many frequencies as you wish

To add more frequencies to the baked analysis mentioned earlier, you edit a similar array, but this time in the sound wave settings by clicking into the sample details, then add or remove frequencies on the array(also called Frequencies to Analyze).

No problem! Thanks!!
                      Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 12-30-2019, 01:49 AM.

Comment

ArthursAudioBPs V8 is out! Aw yeeeee!

V8 video overview: https://youtu.be/8XcHyu8yTN0

New stuff includes:
                        Synesthesia plugin examples
                        Modulation plugin example
                        More musical Rollplate-examples added
                        A lot of smaller stuff here and there

Comment

Most of the visualizers are real-time, so will never be the same! What we can do is bake the results per sample. Check in the sound wave asset, under the FFT tab. It won't do real-time submix analysis, but you will be able to get a consistent, pollable dataset of baked values, per sound. That should be the same every time. But it's not something I showcase in AaBPs, as of now!

To add more frequencies on the current real-time examples, on for example the existing bp_SubmixAnalyser > bp_AnalysisBeautifier > bp_FrequencyVisualizer chain: look at the SubmixAnalyser details in level. There will be an editable array/list called "Frequencies to Analyze" right there, and you can add or remove as many frequencies as you wish

To add more frequencies to the baked analysis mentioned earlier, you edit a similar array, but this time in the sound wave settings by clicking into the sample details, then add or remove frequencies on the array(also called Frequencies to Analyze).

No problem! Thanks!!
                          Thanks. If it's no trouble it would be great to see some sort of beginners video tutorials on making the most of this project. Like maybe a cool looking music visualiser that controls lighting, materials and particles effects. I haven't done much with unreal for ages and still know only basics with blueprints. No worries if not I'll play around and try to learn more.

Comment

Most of the visualizers are real-time...
                            I’ve been a making some progress with it now and adding more frequencies has improved the look im after but it’s still displaying some unwanted behaviour. I noticed I could change the fft and type of processing in the blueprints and that has also made it bit better.

Though even after turning off normalise in beautifier it’s making out certain frequencies are way louder than they should appear. I really want it to show a more accurate spectrum like a proper analyser does.

I’ve also done bit more testing with a single frequency tone with lots of bars set to go up in 5hz increments. I know it’s unlikely to ever be as accurate as a proper analyser but its lighting many bars either side of the tone. Also no matter how I change the volume it has no affect on the bars maxing as if it’s super loud. I've tried a very quiet wav and turning it down in in three different places in the editor but no change.

Im guessing it’s still being normalised somewhere but I turned that off so im not sure what's going on?
                            Last edited by Magneto; 01-07-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Could you make a video with examples of what you got and what you want? There's lots of stuff we could do to the analyzers. I wanna revisit, redesign and simplify a lot of the stuff that's been in for a while, like these visualizers.

Comment

Psst, here is a little preview of the new SpringKeys™ piano roll. Didn't work in the preview video for V8, because of bad FPS! It is now slightly improved, by using another old computer on the network to do the video encoding. Aaand doing it in low res. Aaaand carving a pentagram on my forehead. Aaaaand turning off the other screen, and all background apps.

Comment

Working...
                                X