Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are great!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! fascinating stuff. do you have the blueprint for the potential music video you posted?

Comment

Originally posted by teanau View Post
        Thanks for sharing! fascinating stuff. do you have the blueprint for the potential music video you posted?
        Thanks! Not the exact one, but yes. Something like this will be in AaBPs version 6. Been thinking of how to design a flexible and/or self-building track, because the one in the video is a throwaway. Maybe I'll just make the balls, if a musical rolling track auto-generator turns out to be too complex for this example pack.. I dunno. Any wishes, requests or ideas? I think there needs to be some track-building elements, where we can have musical control, and set up arbitrary scale-stretching and pitch shifting based on our wishes..It can soon get too elaborate for AaBPs, and would be better as standalone thing. Might be better to hook the audio up to a character instead of physics balls too.
        Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 06-17-2019, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Version 6 is live!
          Well, the "what's new" video is live, anyway. Project has been available for a couple of weeks now.

But yeah, what's new?

- Source effects(live modulation)
          - 'NoteRunner' synth music based on physics and world-Z
          - Various fixes and things

Version 6 overview video: https://youtu.be/DFUkmvU2N9c

Comment

This is really cool, man!
            Dan Reynolds
            Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
              This is really cool, man!
              Agreed
              Working on moving reusable stuff into function libraries now, to clean up and make things easy to use. After that I'll focus on doing more elaborate music-eksperiments etc.
              Hope you can already start preparing yourself, because as soon as I feel good enough about parts of this, I will start pestering you for feedback on a few specific implementation approaches. SO CLEAR YOUR WHOLE SCHEDULE DAN, I'm coming for you soooon

Comment

Hi, this is just awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to make this work for an Oculus Go project, where I need to capture the microphone audio. I loaded the AudioCapture level on the Oculus Go, but it doesn't recognize the audio. Is there anything I can do here? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Reality View Post
                  Hi, this is just awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to make this work for an Oculus Go project, where I need to capture the microphone audio. I loaded the AudioCapture level on the Oculus Go, but it doesn't recognize the audio. Is there anything I can do here? Thanks in advance.
                  Yeah my mistake, it should work with a tiny fix! Nice, we squashed a bug.

To fix it:

open
                  ArthursAudioBPs\Config\Android\AndroidEngine.ini
                  remove existing text and replace with text below

[Audio]
                  AudioDeviceModuleName=AudioMixerOpenSLES

It's also on github, but not in the zips: https://github.com/ArthurBarthur/Art...roidEngine.ini

I don't have a Go so can't test, but it should work! New audio engine works great on Android. AFAIK Go runs a stripped down version of Android, largely similar to GearVR.
                  Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 07-31-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Many thanks for this.
                    http://davidboura.deviantart.com/gallery/
                    https://soundcloud.com/davidboura

Comment

This is great, thanks!! I'm not getting Audio Capture to work. Is it not supported on Mac?

Comment

Really nice. looking forward to the sidechain thing you teased Tack!

Comment

Originally posted by sonicspaces View Post
                          This is great, thanks!! I'm not getting Audio Capture to work. Is it not supported on Mac?
                          Thanks for the thanks!! And yeah, I think it's windows only for now.

Originally posted by TRJAudio View Post
                          Really nice. looking forward to the sidechain thing you teased Tack!
                          Thanks. Yeah I will include a couple approaches to sidechaining, probably in October when I have time for this again!

Comment

thank you arthur for all this work.

this is far more then I expected!
                            So many inspiring things here!
                            The randomize presets function is a brilliant approach in many directions! And to do it with seeds. so cool!
                            Also the triggering of the drum machine with physical balls with synchronized emitters is cute.

Still diggin in your blueprints

one question:
                            my current project is on android. so I tried to lauch your project on my Galaxy S8. but i always get compile errors.
                            I checked the android config and it is set to "AudioDeviceModuleName=AudioMixerOpenSLES"
                            I left everything untouched exept to click "Configure Android Files" in "ProjectSettings->Android"

Do I have to do something else?

The errors:

Code:
                            LogPlayLevel:   PLATFORM_ANDROID_NDK_VERSION = 140200
                            LogPlayLevel:   NDK toolchain: r14b, NDK version: 19, GccVersion: 4.9, ClangVersion: 3.8.275480
                            LogPlayLevel:   Parsing headers for ArthursAudioBPs
                            LogPlayLevel:     Running UnrealHeaderTool "E:\UNREAL\ArthursAudioBPs-master\ArthursAudioBPsV0061\ArthursAudioBPs.uproject" "E:\UNREAL\ArthursAudioBPs-master\ArthursAudioBPsV0061\Intermediate\Build\Android\ArthursAudioBPs\Development\ArthursAudioBPs.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -ins
                            talled
                            LogPlayLevel:   Reflection code generated for ArthursAudioBPs in 5,0411509 seconds
                            LogPlayLevel:   Compiling Native code with NDK API ''
                            LogPlayLevel:   Writing manifest to E:\UNREAL\ArthursAudioBPs-master\ArthursAudioBPsV0061\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
                            LogPlayLevel:   Building 4 actions with 8 processes...
                            LogPlayLevel:     [1/4] SharedPCH.Core.h [armv7-es2]
                            LogPlayLevel:     [2/4] ArthursAudioBPs.cpp [armv7-es2]
                            LogPlayLevel:     [3/4] ArthursAudioBPs-armv7-es2.so
                            LogPlayLevel: Error:     C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin\ld: error: cannot find -lGLESv2
                            LogPlayLevel: Error:     C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin\ld: error: cannot find -lEGL
                            LogPlayLevel: Error:     C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin\ld: error: cannot find -landroid
                            LogPlayLevel: Error:     C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin\ld: error: cannot find -lOpenSLES
                            LogPlayLevel: Error:     C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin\ld: error: cannot find -lz

Comment

Originally posted by edstoica View Post
                              thank you arthur for all this work.

this is far more then I expected!
                              So many inspiring things here!
                              The randomize presets function is a brilliant approach in many directions! And to do it with seeds. so cool!
                              Also the triggering of the drum machine with physical balls with synchronized emitters is cute.

Still diggin in your blueprints

one question:
                              my current project is on android. so I tried to lauch your project on my Galaxy S8. but i always get compile errors.
                              I checked the android config and it is set to "AudioDeviceModuleName=AudioMixerOpenSLES"
                              I left everything untouched exept to click "Configure Android Files" in "ProjectSettings->Android"

Do I have to do something else?

The errors:
                              I'm very happy you dig it

I think that compile error has little to do with this project, and more with android settings? It COULD be the granular synth, I'm not sure that will work in packaged builds f.ex.
                              In the androidengine.ini we can now switch out audiodevicemodulename=blablalb with
                              Code:
                              [Audio]
                              UseAudioMixer=true
                              but I don't think that is what generates an error here. Last time I worked with android there were two very similar but also very different guides to follow, and I remember having to bonk my head a lot before getting it all to work. Does an empty project(unrelated to this project) package and launch OK?

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post
                                but I don't think that is what generates an error here. Last time I worked with android there were two very similar but also very different guides to follow, and I remember having to bonk my head a lot before getting it all to work. Does an empty project(unrelated to this project) package and launch OK?
                                I just created a BLANK project and it could compile ok.
                                The Settings I have done:
                                1. UE 4.23 new project
                                -> blank, mobile, no starter content
                                -> activated plugins: synth&dsp, sound utilities

2.UE project Settings:
                                -> android: "configure for android"
                                -> min sdk:25, max sdk:25
                                -> remove oculus signature files
                                -> package for oculus devices: quest

3. Copied the "\config\android" and "config/windows" folder of your project to the blank one.

----------------------------

Next, I will check step by step what causes your project not to compile on quest and hopefully will post the results here.

btw: still happy while digging
                                btw2: i had to convert some parts of you project back to 4.19. so if anyone need those files. I can make them available.

Comment

Working...
                                X