Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Up a Blueprint MIDI Manager with 4.14 version of MIDI Device Support Plugin

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RayRayJnr View Post

Implementing the VST SDK would be amazing, but maybe a UE5 thing. I havn't looked at the synth stuff in the new audio engine but automating reaktor in unreal you could probably do everything from sub mix effects, sound design, scoring.
    Exactly. Until that, i'm thinking about using VCV in SaviHost, and control it with UE4 via the new 4.23 OSC. Apart the release note, for now there is apparently no tutorial about it. I've never used OSC, so i'm not sure where and what to look at.
    http://davidboura.deviantart.com/gallery/
    https://soundcloud.com/davidboura

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
      Is there any kind of tutorial with how to build this out currently?

Comment

Hey there,

I realize this is an old topic and there's probably a much easier way of doing this stuff by now. However this thread is the only place that gave me something to on so I thought, I'd try my luck here.

I followed the blueprint structure in this thread and I can work with the MIDI Inputs to trigger stuff in my scene. So far so good.
        The problems start when I try to use the wireless functionality of my MIDI device. Since I have to go through loopMIDI and MIDIberry to properly connect to windows, the device name is changing.
        The implemented debug functionality tells me, that it's now called loop MIDI port, but if I use that as the standard value for the MIDIDeviceName string variable, the AND bool check fails.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Debug.PNG Views:	0 Size:	6.9 KB ID:	1687100
        This is what the debug gives me, I'd really appreciate some Input on this.

EDIT:

fixed this by literally spelling the name correctly. Now I just added a second Or-Bool to allow for both Input device names (usb and wireless).
        So now everything works as expected in the editor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fix.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	1687439

However, there are two minor issues that I still have with th MIDI Plugin.

1: While everything runs fine in the editor, the inputs are not recognized in a build. Do I have to specifically include experimental Plugins somewhere?

2: This is regarding the interface that is created in this blueprint. Whenever I change something in a blueprint that the interface function is called in (One of the actors in the scene) I have to manually recompile my MIDI manager as well. I dont really see why this happens, am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you!

Thank you for setting all this up in the first place!
        Cheers
        Last edited by MonkeyMonkMonk; 11-15-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X