X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by vle07 View Post
    I'm having trouble dynamically setting source effect values when using media sound components. It seems like the media sound component only keeps the source effect values at initialization, and subsequent modifications to the source effect reference has no effect. I'm also getting weird behavior where setting the source effect value at begin play doesn't get applied to the media sound component until I stop and start the play in editor session again. I'm pretty stumped on this one, even after stepping through the source code. Any help would be appreciated!
    That's a current bug in the latest launcher version(4.22.2 atm) of UE. If you wait for next launcher version, or grab a fresh master off github right now, dynamic source effect parameters should work normally again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having trouble dynamically setting source effect values when using media sound components. It seems like the media sound component only keeps the source effect values at initialization, and subsequent modifications to the source effect reference has no effect. I'm also getting weird behavior where setting the source effect value at begin play doesn't get applied to the media sound component until I stop and start the play in editor session again. I'm pretty stumped on this one, even after stepping through the source code. Any help would be appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It will be better if we can reuse the Animation Montage editor or Level Sequence Editor, so we can add custom events, rearrange audios and mixe them visually like Wwise and FMOD doing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello @dan.reynolds ,
    I noticed when you use the new audio engine you get another section on CPU profiling called "audioMixerRenderThread(1)" and this section takes a lot of ms, it takes ~ 7 ms on android but somehow its not affecting the performance does that mean they made audio engine work on different thread?

Another question, how can I disable Master Reverb and Master EQ on the new audio engine? as you can see its taking 6 ms even though I checked the box for "disable EQ" on project setting and I unchecked the box for effect and Reverb on my audio master sound class.
    3rd and last question, what is "apply effects" on attached image regarding master sound class?
    Thanks
    Last edited by mhnoni; 02-25-2019, 08:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kamrann View Post
    It's been a while since I've worked with UE4 audio code, I'm surprised to see that the new mixer is still not enabled by default in 4.20. Can someone give or point to a brief status update on the system?
    I'm updating a plugin and wondering if it's safe at this point to assume that all future projects that will use it will be able to enable the mixer without issue. Has the mixer been implemented for all UE4 supported platforms now, including consoles?
    All of our backends have been built out for all UE's supported platforms. We are focusing on battle hardening it by turning it on for Fortnite. This allows us to fortify and optimize it for a large-scale, multi-million player game project. When we've done this, we will turn it on by default for new projects. Currently, we've turned it on for Android so far.

With that said, it's worth noting that there have already been several games which have released using the new Audio Engine. Our own Robo Recall, but also a slew of indie games (like All Walls Must Fall) and a couple of AAA titles (like A Way Out). Many licensees starting up new projects have already turned it on for their new projects and if you're looking at starting up a project now and expect to be in development for a while, it's probably a good idea to turn it on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CMilesM View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with saving .wav files using Audio Capture in 4.20? I can get it to save as Sound Wave files, but just changing the export type (see attached) from Sound Wave to Wav doesn't work.
    Wave files are saved in a different directory (Saved directory instead of Content directory), were the subdirectories Audio/Recording created in your Saved directory?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lachlan Powell View Post
    Hi, is there any word on fixes for the new audio mixer freezing the editor? Or known solutions/causes? currently working in 4.19 on a 2017 MacBook Pro. I currently have the problem of freezing when i'm travelling between levels that utilise the modular synth components.
    Hi Lachlan, I believe this bug was fixed in 4.20.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Illia Statkevych, I would not recommend using Submixes to do volume adjustment because there are several optimizations already done for logical volume adjustments on sources. So using a more traditional approach will probably be a more useful/cheaper method.

With that said, if you are working in a C++ project, and you say Add New C++ Class and add a new Submix Effect, then the template codegen for the starter Submix Effect actually generates a simple Volume Gain scale effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post

An EQ submix preset with just the single default band and settings below should do it!

freq = doesn't matter
    bandwith = max(10)
    gain = min(-90)
    Thank you Arthur!

My mistake was that I was using Sends but I wasn't setting submix so EQ preset with the settings was making it quieter but I could still hear myself as it was sending the capture to the master I assume. Setting up both Sound Submix and Sound Submix Sends on Audio Capture seems to do the job.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GAME3D View Post
    Hi again,
    I still made a 2. synth project, just to be sure i made noting wrong.
    I get some weird issues, if i change the presets.
    (...)
    Is there some thing i made wrong, or need to know, if i change presets while run time?
    What does your code or BPs look like? How and where are you feeding the synth with current/new presets? I usually do it on tick, since that's needed for dynamic gliding parameter changes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Illia Statkevych View Post
    a way to control levels of submixes?
    An EQ submix preset with just the single default band and settings below should do it!

freq = doesn't matter
    bandwith = max(10)
    gain = min(-90)

Using a dynamics processor-submix, you could also set it to gate mode, and tune your threshold so nothing ever gets past it.

edit: oh and when I was last setting up source buses and sends, there was sometimes some stuff that needed an editor restart to work(i think). So maybe don't try too much bughunting, rather do it by the book, then restart before final tests. I got it all working in 4.20.3.
    Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 10-05-2018, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Dan,

Is there a way to control levels of submixes? I don't see any options on the submix itself and could not find any submix effect preset that would be able to do this too. It seems like very simple thing, I'm probably missing something. Please, any help would be much appreciated!!!

'm actually trying to mute the sound coming from Audio Capture after recording it using submix recording. I've also tried to use Output to Bus Only option and setup Post/Pre effect bus sends but the sound doesn't seem to be getting to the submix attached to the sound source bus and the submix recording doesn't get anything.

I'm also not really clear on how submixes are routing. Do I understand it correctly that if a sumbix is a child of another sumbix it will be routed through the parent one but if not then it goes directly to the master one?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's been a while since I've worked with UE4 audio code, I'm surprised to see that the new mixer is still not enabled by default in 4.20. Can someone give or point to a brief status update on the system?
    I'm updating a plugin and wondering if it's safe at this point to assume that all future projects that will use it will be able to enable the mixer without issue. Has the mixer been implemented for all UE4 supported platforms now, including consoles?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone had any luck with saving .wav files using Audio Capture in 4.20? I can get it to save as Sound Wave files, but just changing the export type (see attached) from Sound Wave to Wav doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, is there any word on fixes for the new audio mixer freezing the editor? Or known solutions/causes? currently working in 4.19 on a 2017 MacBook Pro. I currently have the problem of freezing when i'm travelling between levels that utilise the modular synth components.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X