Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. Thanks for Synthesis, its great. I have been thinking about procedural sound generation for some time and now i can play with this. Great.

I made a project where i exposed some synth parameters to GUI so i can quickly see how things affect each other. In editor it works fine.

I thought i would share it with others, but packaged project looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	458.3 KB
ID:	1127810

Is problem on my side, or is it 4.16 preview thing? Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
      Hey folks, I just edited the Sound Source Effect post with steps on how to set up an Envelope Follower Listener.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post704435
      Very cool! I was wondering if it's possible to set up an envelope follower with sound that's not heard in the engine. So for example it should play some sound and generate float values for it but not actually be heard. I'm using this for a lipsync system, and you can use it like that even with sound being heard if you use the split audio files (for each phoneme) as is and just play all of the sounds at the same time. It would be nice if you could decouple this for some artistic freedom I guess, playing the original dialogue lines and just using the split audio files for setting morph targets. If you could use an envelope follower with sound not heard in the engine you could also draw curves by hand, if it doesn't need to sound nice.

Comment

Hey, thanks for this awesome documentation.

I follow all the steps and I have a problem with SoundeffectSourcePressetChain. I can add it in my SoundCue, I have Effect Tab. but I can't *** it to my AudioComponent. I don't have Effect tab in Details panel. [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION]?

Name:	1.png
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1128005Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	1128006
        Last edited by Bartosz Kamol Kamiński; 05-12-2017, 02:02 PM.
        @Bart_Kamski
        https://www.youtube.com/user/KamskiStudio

Comment

Originally posted by Bartosz Kamol Kamiński View Post
          Hey, thanks for this awesome documentation.

I follow all the steps and I have a problem with SoundeffectSourcePressetChain. I can add it in my SoundCue, I have Effect Tab. but I can't *** it to my AudioComponent. I don't have Effect tab in Details panel. [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION]?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140757[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]140758[/ATTACH]
          Hi Bartosz!

Source Effects are applied to Sound Sources via the SoundBase, so you'll find that your SoundWave will have them!

Try double clicking on your VO_MD_vs_I005_autopsyroom_02 SoundWave.

In fact, with your implementation so far, you don't even need a SoundCue. You can loop at the SoundWave level and you can have SoundWaves play on Audio Components. As it is, the SoundCue will add unnecessary ticking to your logic.

It's best to think of Source Effects as effects at the Source.
          Dan Reynolds
          Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] for your quick reply.
            I want to dynamicaly change treshold of compressor or frequency of EQ. I want to have acces to effect value from BP. Do I need to use follow listener? I don't get this part. Is it even possible?
            @Bart_Kamski

Comment

Originally posted by Bartosz Kamol Kamiński View Post
              Thanks [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] for your quick reply.
              I want to dynamicaly change treshold of compressor or frequency of EQ. I want to have acces to effect value from BP. Do I need to use follow listener? I don't get this part. Is it even possible?
              Yup yup! You'll want to read the section above about Getting Started with Source Effects!

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
              Dynamically Setting Source Effect Values in Blueprints

You can modulate or drive Source Effect properties during gameplay. This can be a powerful way to create an intimate relationship between gameplay events and sound and music processing.

In order to do this, you will need to get a reference to the Preset you wish to modulate.
              1. Get a reference to your Source Effect Preset (you will want to specify which specific type of Source Effect Preset Reference if creating a Blueprint Variable)
              2. Place a Set Settings function
              3. There will be an In Settings data struct pin
              4. Drag a pin off the In Settings pin and Make SourceEffect______________Settings where the blank would be filled in by your specific type of Source Effect Preset
              [INDENT]
              You just need a reference to your Source Effect.
              Dan Reynolds

Comment

I manage to do it! Thank you [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] once again for your help and patience
                @Bart_Kamski

Comment

Somebody give that [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] a raise! Wow, this is really neat stuff..!

teak
                  "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                  -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Thanks!

Name:	tumblr_o48vv9GIKT1sw4g05o1_500.gif
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	1128065
                    Dan Reynolds

Comment

This is a great thread, thanks for the clear instructions!

Comment

Dan - great to hear your voice at QMUL yesterday. Look forward to trying this stuff out and seeing what I come up with. Mwhahaahaha

-Rob.

Comment

This is incredible! Thank you so much for all the hard work gone into the new audio engine and for taking the time to explain how to use the new features.

Comment

Is it possible to make a preset while simultaneously listening to the changes? Can I make a synth and run it, make a sound I like, then save the sound like a preset? Can I hook my keyboard up and use it to trigger notes and change CC values like filter etc?
                            Dream scenario: Use my keyboard to make a preset in realtime, then saving it for use in my game.

Comment

At the moment I am just using tick to update the preset while changing the preset in the bank, which works fine anyway And an event timer to trigger note every second.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius Irgens View Post
                                Is it possible to make a preset while simultaneously listening to the changes? Can I make a synth and run it, make a sound I like, then save the sound like a preset? Can I hook my keyboard up and use it to trigger notes and change CC values like filter etc?
                                Dream scenario: Use my keyboard to make a preset in realtime, then saving it for use in my game.
                                There is stuff in the thread about the midi plugin that will help you with a fair chunk of the stuff needed to get a keyboard working with the synth. ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Support-Plugin )

Comment

Working...
                                X