Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's worth noting that for me the component did not have "auto activate" on by default, so no sound played.

Comment

Hi, I am trying to dynamically change the source effect settings with blueprints and the set settings node doesn't seem to be working for me. It seems that someone else has experienced a problem with this but I couldn't seem to find an answer. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...dToView=925369

any help or information is greatly appreciated
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RianStephens View Post
        Hi, I am trying to dynamically change the source effect settings with blueprints and the set settings node doesn't seem to be working for me. It seems that someone else has experienced a problem with this but I couldn't seem to find an answer. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...dToView=925369

any help or information is greatly appreciated
        What engine version is it? There was a temporary bug about this around 4.21 or so, but it's been fixed for a few versions!

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to build a basic system to animate the mouth of my characters using the envelope follower.

If I just have one character in a scene it works well, but if I have more than one then they all move their mouths together because they all use the same envelope follower preset.

Is there a way I can automatically create a new envelope follower for each character? There's no limit to how many characters can be in a scene so all I can think of is to create a new one for each character like I am trying to do in this image, but it doesn't work at all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation-20191106-141810.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	1683399

Comment

Originally posted by anti_zer0 View Post
            Hi, I'm trying to build a basic system to animate the mouth of my characters using the envelope follower.

If I just have one character in a scene it works well, but if I have more than one then they all move their mouths together because they all use the same envelope follower preset.

Is there a way I can automatically create a new envelope follower for each character? There's no limit to how many characters can be in a scene so all I can think of is to create a new one for each character like I am trying to do in this image, but it doesn't work at all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation-20191106-141810.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	1683399
            Instead of using the Envelope Follower Source Effect, you can use the Envelope Follower Delegate that is available on each Audio Component. Your two characters just need to be speaking on separate Audio Components. For lip-flap implementation, you can just put an Audio Component on the head/face/mouth of each of your characters and use that Audio Component to drive your lip-flap. Then just make sure you play all your dialog sounds on that Audio Component.
            Dan Reynolds
            Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post

Instead of using the Envelope Follower Source Effect, you can use the Envelope Follower Delegate that is available on each Audio Component. Your two characters just need to be speaking on separate Audio Components. For lip-flap implementation, you can just put an Audio Component on the head/face/mouth of each of your characters and use that Audio Component to drive your lip-flap. Then just make sure you play all your dialog sounds on that Audio Component.
              That's exactly the answer I needed, thank you so much!! I didn't realise it was possible to use the envelope follower this way.

Comment

Working...
              X