• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks! :d

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And a quick note to anyone who cant get the submix and chain to work: Open the editor using the -audiomixer command line!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Marius Irgens View Post
    Is it possible to make a preset while simultaneously listening to the changes? Can I make a synth and run it, make a sound I like, then save the sound like a preset? Can I hook my keyboard up and use it to trigger notes and change CC values like filter etc?
    Dream scenario: Use my keyboard to make a preset in realtime, then saving it for use in my game.
    There is stuff in the thread about the midi plugin that will help you with a fair chunk of the stuff needed to get a keyboard working with the synth. ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Support-Plugin )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At the moment I am just using tick to update the preset while changing the preset in the bank, which works fine anyway And an event timer to trigger note every second.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to make a preset while simultaneously listening to the changes? Can I make a synth and run it, make a sound I like, then save the sound like a preset? Can I hook my keyboard up and use it to trigger notes and change CC values like filter etc?
    Dream scenario: Use my keyboard to make a preset in realtime, then saving it for use in my game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is incredible! Thank you so much for all the hard work gone into the new audio engine and for taking the time to explain how to use the new features.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dan - great to hear your voice at QMUL yesterday. Look forward to trying this stuff out and seeing what I come up with. Mwhahaahaha

-Rob.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a great thread, thanks for the clear instructions!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_o48vv9GIKT1sw4g05o1_500.gif
Views:	1
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	1128065

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Somebody give that [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] a raise! Wow, this is really neat stuff..!

teak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I manage to do it! Thank you [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] once again for your help and patience

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bartosz Kamol Kamiński View Post
    Thanks [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] for your quick reply.
    I want to dynamicaly change treshold of compressor or frequency of EQ. I want to have acces to effect value from BP. Do I need to use follow listener? I don't get this part. Is it even possible?
    Yup yup! You'll want to read the section above about Getting Started with Source Effects!

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
    Dynamically Setting Source Effect Values in Blueprints

You can modulate or drive Source Effect properties during gameplay. This can be a powerful way to create an intimate relationship between gameplay events and sound and music processing.

In order to do this, you will need to get a reference to the Preset you wish to modulate.
    1. Get a reference to your Source Effect Preset (you will want to specify which specific type of Source Effect Preset Reference if creating a Blueprint Variable)
    2. Place a Set Settings function
    3. There will be an In Settings data struct pin
    4. Drag a pin off the In Settings pin and Make SourceEffect______________Settings where the blank would be filled in by your specific type of Source Effect Preset
    [INDENT]
    You just need a reference to your Source Effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION] for your quick reply.
    I want to dynamicaly change treshold of compressor or frequency of EQ. I want to have acces to effect value from BP. Do I need to use follow listener? I don't get this part. Is it even possible?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bartosz Kamol Kamiński View Post
    Hey, thanks for this awesome documentation.

I follow all the steps and I have a problem with SoundeffectSourcePressetChain. I can add it in my SoundCue, I have Effect Tab. but I can't *** it to my AudioComponent. I don't have Effect tab in Details panel. [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION]?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140757[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]140758[/ATTACH]
    Hi Bartosz!

Source Effects are applied to Sound Sources via the SoundBase, so you'll find that your SoundWave will have them!

Try double clicking on your VO_MD_vs_I005_autopsyroom_02 SoundWave.

In fact, with your implementation so far, you don't even need a SoundCue. You can loop at the SoundWave level and you can have SoundWaves play on Audio Components. As it is, the SoundCue will add unnecessary ticking to your logic.

It's best to think of Source Effects as effects at the Source.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, thanks for this awesome documentation.

I follow all the steps and I have a problem with SoundeffectSourcePressetChain. I can add it in my SoundCue, I have Effect Tab. but I can't *** it to my AudioComponent. I don't have Effect tab in Details panel. [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION]?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1128005Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	1128006
    Last edited by Bartosz Kamol Kamiński; 05-12-2017, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X