Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I render the thirdperson or firstperson camera or game view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I render the thirdperson or firstperson camera or game view?

Hi all,

I've put together some cameras as you see below, the normal cameras work fine in the Sequencer, though I can't get the Thirdpersoncharacter camera to work. I've seen a tutorial where you use the sequence recorder to film gameplay, though I want to film it as part of the film sequences that I have made and not separately - is there a way to do that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1196804

Cheers, Martin

(I have not used Sequencer or mantanee before)
    Have you tried using a scene capture?
    That is all I can think of, And I doubt I can offer any more help.

HTH
    Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
    (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
    Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

Comment

I'd like to do the rendering through the sequencer, I've been following this - https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...der/index.html but it doesn't seem to be working for me

Comment

Progress made, I've managed to record the movement of the character but the character doesn't run, he's just getting dragged along. I presume I need to add some component so he is animated, any advice?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	1116599

Comment

Originally posted by gooner442 View Post
          Progress made, I've managed to record the movement of the character but the character doesn't run, he's just getting dragged along. I presume I need to add some component so he is animated, any advice?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113584[/ATTACH]
          Nope, Sorry.
          I have not even checked out any tutorials/docs on Sequencer.

I recall seing some videos on the unreal engine youtube channel about using sequencer, Maybe that would help.

HTH
          Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
          (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
          Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

Comment

Working...
          X