Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housing project in France - Renderings and Video from UE4

Hi everybody,

We are happy to present our new architectural visualization made with Unreal Engine 4.12
    Comments are welcome !!

Best,

The Obvioos team

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nacarat_13B_23.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	1196650

Name:	Nacarat_13B_21.jpg
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	1196651

Name:	Nacarat_13B_11.jpg
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	1196652

Name:	Nacarat_13B_14.jpg
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	1196653

Name:	Nacarat_13B_18.jpg
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	1196654

Name:	Nacarat_13B_08.jpg
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	1196655
    Christophe ROBERT
    Co-founder

OBVIOOS
    virtual architecture
    www.obvioos.com

great, ambient occlusion is wrong on some places but, if you ask me this renders are great!

Comment

Congrates, Good job.
      World's First Integrated Visualisation Solution: www.vastview.com.au
      World's Finest UE4 Assets: www.ue4asset.com

Comment

Originally posted by cs2010 View Post
        Hi everybody,

We are happy to present our new architectural visualization made with Unreal Engine 4.12
        Comments are welcome !!

Best,

The Obvioos team

What kind of PC did you render this on?

Comment

My favorite part is the white damaged concrete wall in front of the canal hehe! Besides the visible tiling, it looks great!

Comment

Hello everybody,

Thank you very much for your comments !!!
            I'll try to answer you questions
            First of all, we choose to post the video and the renders as we delivered for the client
            It means that it is done in "the real world" of architectural visualization (including last minute changes and tight deadlines)
            Maybe this can explain it is not as polished as we want but it is important for us to demonstrate how good UE4 can be in real conditions

Everything is done with 2 "hardcore gamer" PCs (GTX 980 Ti, 64 Go Ram) in, more or less, 3 weeks
            I wish we were able to fine tune everything and tweak the Lighmass.ini with crazy settings but unfortunately we did'n had enough time to render everything
            This is why we decided to only use Unreal with standard setting (including some little problems with ambiant occlusion)

We also had a huge constrain as this 3D scene was meant to be used for a VR experience (with an HTC Vive) and for a material configurator (using a touch table).
            Both of those 2 versions had to run on our client's PC .... and as you can guess they doesn't have Titans in SLI mode
            We will soon post a video of the VR and touch experience done with our friends of V-Cult and Taktus (2 French Startups, just like us)

Nevertheless, the fact is we think Unreal is now a major actor in Architectural Rendering.
            It is a key part of our production pipeline

We will soon post new renders and videos, hope you will like it
            Once again, thank you for your comments

The Obvioos team
            Christophe ROBERT
            Co-founder

OBVIOOS
            virtual architecture
            www.obvioos.com

Comment

Quite a huge project. Great work!

Comment

We also had a huge constrain as this 3D scene was meant to be used for a VR experience (with an HTC Vive) and for a material configurator (using a touch table).
                Both of those 2 versions had to run on our client's PC .... and as you can guess they doesn't have Titans in SLI mode
                We will soon post a video of the VR and touch experience done with our friends of V-Cult and Taktus (2 French Startups, just like us)
                I'm interested in this, can you tell us what are the target client pc specs for vr? One of the biggest problem with VR today is the steep price of all the hardware needed. For example, did you rent the htc vive? It's a inversion payed by the client?

Regards

Comment

As far as I can remember, the VR application runs on a PC with a Geforce 970
                  The app for the touch screen runs on a barebone PC (can't remember which graphic card)
                  Everything is sync (you can customize your appartment on the touchscreen version of the app and everything changes in the VR app in real time)
                  Concerning the business model, for this particular project, our client decided to buy the touch table and rent the Vive for an event

If you want more information, feel free to contact me at contact@obvioos.com (if I can't answer I'll ask my partners of V-Cult and Taktus)

Best regards
                  Christophe ROBERT
                  Co-founder

OBVIOOS
                  virtual architecture
                  www.obvioos.com

Comment

Great work! I really like the lighting and all the props. You guys spent a lot of time on some really nice details. What kind of lighting setup are you using?

Comment

Great job!I have a question,for exterior archviz more polygons will get a better result,but how much is the limit of the polygons?Thanks!

Comment

The river looks black~~

Comment

Hi everybody,

Comments are welcome !!

Best,

The Obvioos team

Could you put this on the UE4 marketplace?

Comment

Great work! I agree with the other users about AO being a bit too harsh. Maybe dial back the contrast slightly as well.

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                            Since they're a business, they are probably either using this for portfolio or for client work. I wouldn't count on them making it public.
                            Steve Biegun
                            Virtual Design Manager

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I'm new to forums and just discovered how to receive a notification when someone comment my post

I'll try to answer the best I can :

What kind of lighting setup are you using?
                              We use a very simple lighting setup
                              As I said earlier, this project is a real project (whith real client and real deadlines) so we couldn't take risks in terms of render times
                              This is why we decided not to tweak the lightmass.ini for example
                              I think UE is now good enough to allows you to have nice render without spending too much time tweaking the lightmass.ini
                              Of course it could be fantastic to have several levels of setup in the editor. (lets's say basic and expert for example ... just as the new version of Vray works)

Name:	vray-rollouts-02.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1116821
                              This way, users can choose

Great job!I have a question,for exterior archviz more polygons will get a better result,but how much is the limit of the polygons?Thanks!
                              Thanks
                              Indeed, more polygons means better results. But you can also add details with good textures and materials for example
                              Concerning the limit, it's hard to say as it depends on your hardware (and, of course, your client's hardware)
                              In this project, the target hardware was a "gamer" PC and a HTC Vive. This is why we were really conservative on the poly count and the post effects.
                              Nevertheless I was really surprised on how Unreal can deal with millions of poly without problems

The river looks black~~
                              Yes it does
                              We tried to be as close as possible of our depressing dark rivers of north of France

Name:	375963412_B977478351Z.1_20160103182243_000_GGD5TI5HC.1-0.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1116822
                              I wish next time we work on a project in Hawaï

As SBiegun_PDG said, it's a professional project and we cannot share the sources with the community
                              Sorry

Once again, thank you for your comments
                              We will soon post other projects
                              As for this one, we will try to post the next projects as they were delivered to the client in order to demonstrate what kind of result you can expect if you use Unreal in real business conditions
                              Bye
                              Christophe ROBERT
                              Co-founder

OBVIOOS
                              virtual architecture
                              www.obvioos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X