differences between vray animation archviz & ue4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Why do find rendering time such a burden? With your farm it shouldn't be a problem, even for making offline animations.
    It's absolutely a problem, but maybe in a different way than you're thinking. We can provide standard services without an issue on the farm. The problem is that standard services are being outsourced to China & India. We not only have local competition, but global. I'm not playing that game.

So we looked into the first step out, which was using Vray to produce 360 animation. Do you know how long it takes the farm to produce 360 frames of low-noise 4K by 2K in Vray? Way too long. We can stretch out a single image and upload that to youtube, but that just feels like a hack that I'd not be okay with asking monies for.

The only solution I can come up with is to go not necessarily VR off the bat, but interactive at the least. I'm still coming up with the final gameplan to follow through with, but it's choices like --- to VR or not to VR & -- To market the very high-end clients or to create the technology to enable ordinary players to compete once again. There's a lot of potential, and it's not gonna come from trying to jump in to an already saturated market of services which have existed and have played out their role in usefulness.

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    The whole ''change furniture/colors'' on the fly is boring to me. It's not art, it's a gimmick imo. I prefer a well crafted cinematic movie with good fitting music to set the mood.
    I can see how a true artist might not like it, but if you're trying to run a business, you have to see practical applications. That's where you have to realize this isn't a gimmick, it's an enabling technological advancement.
    Last edited by webeindustry; 10-18-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X