Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

differences between vray animation archviz & ue4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    differences between vray animation archviz & ue4

    Vary Animation



    if we want compare vray-rt and Ue4

    so what is what is advantages and disadvantages of UE4 ?

    which one is better in quality and result ?

    which one is better in rendering time ?

    also i see trees are static in vary !
    Last edited by Farshid; 09-19-2016, 08:49 AM.

    #2
    Are you seriously trying to compare a fully featured pre-renderer with a real time render game engine? It's like comparing apples and oranges ... sure they are both fruit/food but they can be used for vastly different things. If you are just looking for a pre-render like that Vray animation then go right ahead and use it, UE4 brings different things to the table as it's mostly real time/interactive and also a game engine.

    Comment


      #3
      thanks for answer

      my field is architecture

      i want compare ue4 and vray-rt only in [ Archviz ]

      in archviz i need only animation output between 2 or 5 miniutes

      so both vray-rt and ue4 have this abality

      i know there is lots of differences

      but the question is whith one is better for archviz ?

      you can see this video - and compare with other topics video

      Comment


        #4
        UE4 is realtime and can be interactive, VRay is static. Which one is better is subjective to what you need and your skillset.
        James Gallagher

        Architectural Technologist, P3Architecture Partnership

        Comment


          #5
          UE4 can be used to make animations much more quickly than rendering in Vray, it can also be used to make an interactive application. However, the quality will not be as high as what you get with Vray, but for a lot of people that is sufficient.
          For those that have the time to spend you can also set up Nvidia VXGI to do fully dynamic lighting which can make things in UE4 even faster.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by James_Gallagher View Post
            UE4 is realtime and can be interactive, VRay is static. Which one is better is subjective to what you need and your skillset.
            i need only a short animation between 2 or 5 minutes

            both of them have AAA quality

            in vray we dont need lightmaps !

            but which one is faster ? with same hardware ?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
              UE4 can be used to make animations much more quickly than rendering in Vray, it can also be used to make an interactive application. However, the quality will not be as high as what you get with Vray, but for a lot of people that is sufficient.
              For those that have the time to spend you can also set up Nvidia VXGI to do fully dynamic lighting which can make things in UE4 even faster.
              in VXGI we dont need build lighting ?

              all lighting prosess will solve by gtx970 or something like that in realtime ?

              Comment


                #8
                Yes, VXGI is dynamic GI, not as high quality as baked lighting but is very fast.

                Here's the thread about it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ks-Integration

                It requires downloading UE4 source code and VXGI branch from Nvidia and compiling the code yourself.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                  Yes, VXGI is dynamic GI, not as high quality as baked lighting but is very fast.

                  Here's the thread about it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ks-Integration

                  It requires downloading UE4 source code and VXGI branch from Nvidia and compiling the code yourself.
                  thanks for information

                  personally i like vray quality

                  but static trees are bad !

                  3ds max have lots of plugins that are working with vray

                  =====

                  i will continue UE4 because its amazing For me and my Needs

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It's very possible to have animated trees with vray. Check out plugins like itoo forest pack for example.

                    Vray / corona will give much better results than unreal of course. Perfect g.i, perfect reflections/refractions. With unreal we fake everything, or close to.

                    Depends on how photoreal you need your stuff to be! For rendering a 5 mins animation with vray you need a renderfarm tho, not with unreal. That's the main selling point, for me at least.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                      It's very possible to have animated trees with vray. Check out plugins like itoo forest pack for example.

                      Vray / corona will give much better results than unreal of course. Perfect g.i, perfect reflections/refractions. With unreal we fake everything, or close to.

                      Depends on how photoreal you need your stuff to be! For rendering a 5 mins animation with vray you need a renderfarm tho, not with unreal. That's the main selling point, for me at least.
                      with one i7 cpu [ like6700k ] how many hour it take to render 2 minutes animation [ first post scene ] ?

                      also i think vray-rt is much faster than Vray ?!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Vray-rt, afaik, isn't much faster than vray cpu. It's just different.

                        For the render time it depends on the scene complexity. If you need 3 hours to have a noise-free image... then a 2 mins animation @ 24 fps is 2880 frames that you need to render. Do you see why you need a render farm?

                        Heck, even if you could render each frame in 5 mins, it's still 240h of rendering.


                        With real-time you can record a video in 60 fps instantly. The tradeoff is realism.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Farshid View Post
                          i need only a short animation between 2 or 5 minutes

                          both of them have AAA quality

                          in vray we dont need lightmaps !

                          but which one is faster ? with same hardware ?
                          Heartlessphil covered everything. Vray/Corona (which I would recommend) will give you a love more accurate results, but that comes with long render times, maybe not so much Vray-RT, I haven't tried it out in ages. There's a lot to factor in though. I personally like the PBR workflow in UE4 with Substance Designer, but I know a lot of people like VRays material editor better.

                          It's such a hard question to answer because it all comes down to personal preference.
                          James Gallagher

                          Architectural Technologist, P3Architecture Partnership

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Thing is that in the architecture industry there are TONS of assets/materials, etc made for vray. Everything imaginable has been done for vray. It's going to be the easier workflow for a long while!

                            One thing to consider is vray and corona comes with denoiser now. Could reduce render time by a significant margin but I have not tried it yet.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You're lucky if you can get a Vray render to the 10 minute render time, so if you want to do animations then UE4 is a great option, even with building lighting. VrayRT isn't generally faster since it has to clear up noise which can take a while.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X