Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import to sketchup pro and use The Group Method

Comment

i noticed form working with a few interior designers that they don't give a **** how the internal mesh looks. as long as the model renders properly in an offline renderer, they're happy.

I think they use something like Revit or the likes to import or use the models and i have to painstakingly clean up the model or hire someone to do it. then unwrap it before putting it in unreal engine. it's just something we have to suffer until the industry hopefully takes real-time engines into consideration

Comment

Originally posted by cora View Post
        i noticed form working with a few interior designers that they don't give a **** how the internal mesh looks. as long as the model renders properly in an offline renderer, they're happy.

I think they use something like Revit or the likes to import or use the models and i have to painstakingly clean up the model or hire someone to do it. then unwrap it before putting it in unreal engine. it's just something we have to suffer until the industry hopefully takes real-time engines into consideration
        So they just export straight from Revit? I like that idea and I hope someday Autodesk consider optimising for game engines. But I don't think it will ever be as good as modelling in a dedicated app like Max. They're also the people that are a pain in the a** to deal with because they have no idea the amount of work that goes into a render and think it's all fine and dandy to just work with what they created - while completely disregarding the process behind it.

Comment

Working...
        X