Problem with Lightmap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Lightmap

Hi guys i have problems exporting models from maya to unrealengine.

I have been reading a lot about these issues and i can say its all ok with my models =(

Uv and normals look fine but in unreal ufff its horrible.

I share some pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nichoerror1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1185180

Name:	nichouv.JPG
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1185181

Here is the same model without the lightmap mmm looks good

Name:	nicho_sinlightmap.JPG
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1185187

I tried with other uvs, importing tangents/normals from maya, changing resolution of the lightmap, generating tangents/normals inside ue4, generating lightmap inside ue4 and importing from maya, etc..

halp can you kill me?
    Last edited by SDemon; 05-30-2016, 07:24 PM.

You should try to keep flattish areas as one UV island. But my initial guess is the biggest issue is the light map resolution is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
      You should try to keep flattish areas as one UV island. But my initial guess is the biggest issue is the light map resolution is too low.
      wow thanks a lot. The problem is gone and the solution was exactly what you say. I only create a new lightmass map uv set into maya, click automatic mapping, separate all the faces and cut! so all the shells are "one uv island".
      Then i create a layout where all shells are separated 0.4 units (uv coordinates).
      Then increment the resolution of the lightmap to 256 and its all. :P

If you want to read about this here you go:

http://worldofleveldesign.com/catego...-and-seams.php <--- how to solve it.

and:

http://worldofleveldesign.com/catego...p#lightmapping <--- for other questions.

THANKS MAN!!

Comment

Working...
      X