Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meeting room

    I created this scene from scratch, modeled everything, created the textures(except two) and this are the results, I hope you guys like it!

    Link to the complete galery (4290x2396): https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cpng

    I tough about put the objects on the marketplace, you guys think that I would sell something, like very cheap, 5 bucks or so?



    Click image for larger version

Name:	HQ_08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	827.1 KB
ID:	1182115

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HQ_06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	659.0 KB
ID:	1182116

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HQ_03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	866.2 KB
ID:	1182117

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HQ_09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	767.1 KB
ID:	1182118
    Last edited by leonnn1; 05-13-2016, 03:51 PM.

  • #2
    The lightmaps of the objects are not properly created , there are several spots. The vessels in the foreground have a bad reflection due to incorrect lightmap resulting from incorrect method of unwrapping . The sofa could be modeled better. You see space between the edges of the seat cushion and backrest .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mexicola View Post
      The lightmaps of the objects are not properly created , there are several spots. The vessels in the foreground have a bad reflection due to incorrect lightmap resulting from incorrect method of unwrapping . The sofa could be modeled better. You see space between the edges of the seat cushion and backrest .
      Yeah, this happens because of this whole scene was exported from Sketchup, I was asked to give lessons about rendering with UE4 but I could not extend the subject on UVmapping, so I used a simpler approach, just a standard fast UV, and the results are not perfect, About the rest, there are no vessels on the scene, the sofa have problems because of the lightmap method I used to make the lesson.

      Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by leonnn1 View Post
        Yeah, this happens because of this whole scene was exported from Sketchup, I was asked to give lessons about rendering with UE4 but I could not extend the subject on UVmapping, so I used a simpler approach, just a standard fast UV, and the results are not perfect, About the rest, there are no vessels on the scene, the sofa have problems because of the lightmap method I used to make the lesson.

        Thanks.
        Sketchup is not the best way for me! Try 3ds Max and unwrapping tools inside the program.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mexicola View Post
          Sketchup is not the best way for me! Try 3ds Max and unwrapping tools inside the program.
          Mexicola, I don't use sketchup, It was for a class that I have to make, my students do use sketchup because its simpler, so I needed to make it on sketchup, if you find a good method to exporting to ureal that actually do a better job, pleas tell me!!! I really need it, hehe.

          thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Update: Added a youtube video

            Comment


            • #7
              This is pretty good, good job. How long did it take you? Including the modelling.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jita_Sobaseki View Post
                This is pretty good, good job. How long did it take you? Including the modelling.
                Thanks Jita, It took me a little more than two weeks I think, I probably could make it faster but I had issues with the textures, I didn't wanted to use textures that where not public domain, so I had to create them one by one.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pretty nice! As others stated some issues with light maps but mainly only seen in that first image prominently. But do not sell it for $5. Sell it for what it is worth other wise you are hurting not just your potential sales but others too by devaluing the work 2 weeks worth of work even on the side for fun or w/e should be more than $5. The video is kinda weak I feel with the camera angles and speeds. The last two shots of the dolly forward and then dolly back I think is taboo like that in the cinema world but I could be wrong, it just felt weird to me for sure.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X