Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.11 preview 7 Stereo Panoramic export works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    In case someone is desperately reading all the old posts like I was, trying to get the exposure to work correctly:

The status of the plugin as of 4.25 is as follows. Contrary to what is stated in the ninja theory blogpost, the plugin now captures post-process volumes by default. The fix that they suggest (copying settings from the camera manager, deciding where to call those updates) is no longer necessary. But still auto-exposure does not work out of the box.

In order to activate it you need to do as TTimo indicates in this pull request: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5575, and set the bAlwaysPersistRenderingState to true, which will enable the view state, which is required for auto exposure to work. That is all. With these changes, the engine compiles correctly and the plugin now reacts to the exposure and generates images with brightness equal to those on the viewport, no workaround required.

I couldn't find any reference to a real fix until I stumbled on that PR via an unaccepted answerhub post. I hope to save somebody some time by giving the solution more visibility.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by benngarnish View Post
    Can anyone help me in finding the correct place to inject the C++ code in order to render out the images on top of one another as well as changing to jpg's.
    I have opened up Visual Studio but im afraid I do not know how to use this program.
    The closest I can find to the SceneCapturer.cpp is called MovieSceneCapturer.cpp

Im using UE4 4.18.3

Would someone be kind enough to post the replacement code here as a file that I can simply switch out based on the code from this blog post:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...nreal-engine-4

Thanks
    B.
    I've changed the code too and in the correct places.. but no avail - did anyone manage to merge the left and right PNG images into 1 top and bottom JPEG one?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by petroskapet View Post
    Can anyone help? I've been trying to export a 360 stereo video but with a matinee path. Here's some of the level blueprints I've used but nothing seems to be working. SP.PanoramicMovie works, wit the frames I set it to, but it doesn't follow the Matinee CamerActor path, only the view-port I am playing in when I run the command. Can someone lead me to a blueprint or workflow that works? I can't seem to find anything.
    actuali for me too

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hello, why is the ceiling in the project looks black.
    actually the ceiling must be white
    Could you please help me?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone help? I've been trying to export a 360 stereo video but with a matinee path. Here's some of the level blueprints I've used but nothing seems to be working. SP.PanoramicMovie works, wit the frames I set it to, but it doesn't follow the Matinee CamerActor path, only the view-port I am playing in when I run the command. Can someone lead me to a blueprint or workflow that works? I can't seem to find anything.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys. I have succefully rendered 10 seconds of footage. I've got 600 PNG files for each eye. Does anyone know of any free software i can use to turn this into a video that will play on youtube?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone help me in finding the correct place to inject the C++ code in order to render out the images on top of one another as well as changing to jpg's.
    I have opened up Visual Studio but im afraid I do not know how to use this program.
    The closest I can find to the SceneCapturer.cpp is called MovieSceneCapturer.cpp

Im using UE4 4.18.3

Would someone be kind enough to post the replacement code here as a file that I can simply switch out based on the code from this blog post:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...nreal-engine-4

Thanks
    B.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DaBoss View Post
    Hi
    How do you guys use the SP.PanoramicMovie with a matinee? I tried to capture a small camera movement but all the resulted frames are the same from the same location
    Thank you for your help.

Update : nevermind i found what i did wrong. thank you
    hi,
    I'm having similar problems and have not solved them? Can you help me? My email: ngockhoaho@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ADL67 View Post
    Hi,
    in a sequence of over 9.000 frames at 2k, there are some square patterns that appears more and more on top and on bottom of frames (all is made on a dual Intel Xeon E5 2699v3 with GTX 1080Ti and 64 gb of RAM, Win10 Pro) as in the image below in Unreal 4.17:

The production's parameters are:

SP.HorizontalAngularIncrement 2
    SP.VerticalAngularIncrement 90
    SP.CaptureHorizontalFOV 90
    SP.ConcurrentCaptures 6
    SP.ShouldOverrideInitialYaw 90
    SP.CaptureSlicePixelWidth 1440
    SP.StepCaptureWidth 1920

Some1 knows as to resolve this?
    Thank you

ADL

Click image for larger version

Name:	FrameTestRight.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	544.8 KB
ID:	1372482
    9000 frames! how long did it take to render those out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    in a sequence of over 9.000 frames at 2k, there are some square patterns that appears more and more on top and on bottom of frames (all is made on a dual Intel Xeon E5 2699v3 with GTX 1080Ti and 64 gb of RAM, Win10 Pro) as in the image below in Unreal 4.17:

The production's parameters are:

SP.HorizontalAngularIncrement 2
    SP.VerticalAngularIncrement 90
    SP.CaptureHorizontalFOV 90
    SP.ConcurrentCaptures 6
    SP.ShouldOverrideInitialYaw 90
    SP.CaptureSlicePixelWidth 1440
    SP.StepCaptureWidth 1920

Some1 knows as to resolve this?
    Thank you

ADL

Name:	FrameTestRight.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	544.8 KB
ID:	1372482

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still no help with editing the plugin cpp file... I managed to find it and open in VS but i don't know where to paste what! Sure the images can be joined in AE or Premier, it'll be nice if everything is done in UE4 tho.

I would appreciate an edited cpp file if that is possible.

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone explain me how to do it with the sequencer? i'm new in it and i'm really lost! A step by step or blueprint file would be awesome!

THanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I want to share my first experience with UE4, I hope that you will not judge me strictly. I will be glad to hear comments and comments.

https://youtu.be/o9uHFYqt3JM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Artefacts in my Renderings

Hi guys,

I've got the problem, if i render a video, some of the pictures got extreme artefacts. Like you can see in the picture below (left site)

I don't get why it happens.

I've set the maximum fps to 60 and to 30. It happens with both. Maybe because, if when I type the renderMovie cmd in, the fps drops to 3 or 4 fps??? Then the limitation is useless...

I'm very desperate...

Name:	JwtEn5d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	1129056
    Last edited by Abou; 06-04-2017, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MErbrich View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm having trouble to run the capture on 4.15.3. I've created the project in 4.13 originally. For the capture I've copied the whole project and edited it with 4.15.3.
    Now the capture doesn't start at all. The plugin is acticated and the console commands are available. If I'm using the capture movie command the capture simply doesn't start. No error or message.
    Is there something I'm missing?
    This is the sequencer in my level blueprint. It starts onEventBeginPlay and should capture the pawn camera.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]142951[/ATTACH]

Thank you for helping
    Found the solution!
    "Instanced Stere Rendering" has to be turned OFF!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X