Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.11 preview 7 Stereo Panoramic export works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After enabling the plugin, none of the 'SP' commands seem to exist when I call up the console (mac, 4.11.2) - anyone else encountered this/found a solution?

Comment

I typed SP.PanoramicMovie 0 300... the engine crash.

Comment

23 min? , just one picture? 1 frame?

Comment

Is there any way to render out the panoramic image with the post process enabled? Also what are the quality settings available?

Comment

Originally posted by Xerafel View Post
            I've had the same, if not similar, problem. If you disable eye adaptation, does your scene look dark like in your screenshot as well? Those values are what it seems to be using- it looks like it captures the stereopano without any kind of eye adaptation settings. Even if you try to adjust with the exposure bias, the plugin seems to ignore those values. This seems like an issue with scenes that are HDRI lit, where you have to increase eye exposure bias to compensate for the default dark lighting you get with eye adaptation. I did a quick test by re-lighting my scene (without HDRI cubemap) after setting min/max to 1 to disable eye adaptation and it seemed okay after that. Not the ideal way to work around it, but hopefully the plugin gets updated to fix these kind of issues.
            I got the same dark results =(....... ... Someone solved this issue?
            Follow my tests rendered on UE4.11.2

On top, single sample rendered with 0.5 / 36 / 36 / 4096....
            On base, eye exposure off has said by Xerafel. Rendered with same sets.

Comment

There is an alternative coming from nvidia. Maybe itll be an easier way to generate 360 stereo views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nanaE-vnjo8
              http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel
              Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
              Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

You are Awesome!!! I should buy a new computer~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by charlienewland View Post
                  After enabling the plugin, none of the 'SP' commands seem to exist when I call up the console (mac, 4.11.2) - anyone else encountered this/found a solution?
                  Same problem here. Is this available on mac?

Comment

There has just been a post about how to achieve this by epic and Ninja theory

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ca...nreal-engine-4

Comment

Can you explain how you got it working at a higher resolution?

Comment

Have you figured this out? Im having the exact same issue. I cant tell the Unreal render to render each frame.

Comment

Originally posted by somenzi View Post
                          I got the same dark results =(....... ... Someone solved this issue?
                          Follow my tests rendered on UE4.11.2

On top, single sample rendered with 0.5 / 36 / 36 / 4096....
                          On base, eye exposure off has said by Xerafel. Rendered with same sets.
                          The screen capture actor for the Pano capture does not currently take PP settings into account. You can add this but you will have to modify the C++ code of the Pano plugin to get this functionality. I got around this by setting the indirect lighting in my PP volume to a value of 4.0. Give that a try and see if it gives you the results you are looking for. If you want to read more about how to implement the C++ chagnes for the PP check out the blog post ninja theory did about the plugin.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ca...nreal-engine-4

Cheers-

Sam

Comment

Does the plugin need to be recompiled in order to work after doing those changes? Or just making the changes in the file and saving it would work?
                            I did all the changes as mentioned in the post, but I can't get the combining the 2 images into one to work. It keeps saving 2 images and not one.

Also I had to turn off instanced stereo render, it would not work at all otherwise.

Comment

I am also getting no export or attempt to export at all when using any of the commands. Tried in 4.11.2 and 4.12 preview 4.

Comment

Hi guys.
                                Just want to share with you guys my attempt for exporting the 360 video.

Mono version

Stereo version

The whole 3 mins video took me about 3-4 days for the export. 1 mins for each frames with GTX680.

My scene isn't perfect but I am quite happy with the outcome of the output.
                                Last edited by aeonsparx; 05-20-2016, 05:16 AM. Reason: Fix youtube link

Comment

Working...
                                X