Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.11 preview 7 Stereo Panoramic export works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's exactly what I did. Here's my level blueprint:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-03-16 19.38.14.png
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1102599

Just link/unlink commands as needed.
    Last edited by lebek; 03-17-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lebek View Post
      Yeah that's exactly what I did. Here's my level blueprint:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83898[/ATTACH]

Just link/unlink commands as needed.
      Can you Attach that one again? and how to set 8k and 60 FPS btw, thx for sharing lebek

Edit: Nvm, got it! 8K FTW , (modifying the source). Took about 5mins with a 980 Ti

http://imgur.com/eTLDIkW
      Last edited by Icchansan; 03-18-2016, 12:49 PM. Reason: 8K!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	360TestImproved.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	1102662

Hello there, when I saw this thread, I downloaded the 4.11 preview 7 wanted to try by myself !!!
        I still get some issue as you could see, in the top area there is a black line and cut in the bloom, I used improved quality and didn't test another parameter for the moment.
        Attached Files
        Freelance 3D Artist
        artstation.com/fabien_3d_art

Comment

Originally posted by Fabien_3D_Artist View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]84224[/ATTACH]

Hello there, when I saw this thread, I downloaded the 4.11 preview 7 wanted to try by myself !!!
          I still get some issue as you could see, in the top area there is a black line and cut in the bloom, I used improved quality and didn't test another parameter for the moment.
          Hi Fabien, you should try this console parameter at this value to minimize banding, " SP.VerticalAngularIncrement 30.0f " and avoid using "SP.PanoramicQuality" . I assume you posted the Left eye capture. How was your right capture ? There's seems to be a bug with the Right eye capture that disables all dynamic shadows and oclutions, at least for me. Did you use baked lightning instead ?

Comment

Hi Maxx3D

Thank you for your help, I have tested and is better but not perfect yet, I used this :
            SP.HorizontalAngularIncrement 0.5
            SP.VerticalAngularIncrement 30
            SP.CaptureHorizontalFOV 30
            StepCaptureWidth 720

And I take screenshoot : SP.PanoramicScreenshot

I have a old card GTX 560M so 23 min ouch !!

Then from left to right I don't have any different, in case from my eyes ^^.

and yes my lighting is baked

Freelance 3D Artist

Comment

Very cool, thanks for this post! Seems like it doesn't seem to work with auto exposure/eye adaptation atm though. My scene is pretty dark is I disable the post process volume that has any kind of exposure setting. No amount of tweaking to the min and max settings, as well as exposure bias, will affect it when it takes a stereopano screenshot.
              Artstation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Xerafel View Post
                Very cool, thanks for this post! Seems like it doesn't seem to work with auto exposure/eye adaptation atm though. My scene is pretty dark is I disable the post process volume that has any kind of exposure setting. No amount of tweaking to the min and max settings, as well as exposure bias, will affect it when it takes a stereopano screenshot.
                You could desactivate the auto exposure from edit project setting and rendering.
                Freelance 3D Artist

Comment

Yup that's what I did. The issue is mainly with the way my scene was being lit with HDRI lighting. It's dark by default with no autoexposure. I was using the bias and min/max settings to adjust and brighten it. It's okay, I changed my light set up so it looks fine now with disabled auto exposure.

Maxx3d, I tested a scene with all baked lighting and it looked fine. However on another scene with stationary lighting (both sky and directional), I'm getting the same issue you have where the right eye has no shadows.
                  Last edited by dpham; 03-18-2016, 01:03 PM.
                  Artstation - Portfolio

Comment

Hope this plugin gets better integration in the official release.
                    So far , from what i've tested :

1) Right eye captures from scenes with dynamic light shadows , AmbientOclution , depthshadows , skylight oclutions and AutoExposure wont display correct.
                    2) Frame by frame capture its not possible (at least in complex animated scenes ) . the exporter renders 1 frame each 6 or 8 frames ingame. Wich means animation will result choppy and fast . Tried to increase FPS ingame to give more time to the exporter to catch up but did not work.
                    3) in some cases , capture process takes more time than an actual rendering (vray)

What i consider its missing so far :

1) Enable - disable , Stereo or monoscopic render capture
                    2) Switch left - right order rendering , naming files
                    3) Resolution Aspect ratio setting , rendering 4096x2048 its ok for monoscopic but exceeds for stereo (should be 2048x2048 + 2048x2048) and not 4096x2048 + 4096x2048
                    4) Working capture frame rate and setteable !

5) Reliable Documentation !
                    6) A proper in-editor menu with all settings including access to proper ranges for each command (like make movie menu, already in matinee) would be nicer !

If anyone has solved some or any of the issues i stated , please share your wisdom!

tested on a : I7 3770 at 3.4ghz with 32gb ddr3 ram, video: geforce gtx 980 4gb ddr5 ,
                    Last edited by Maxx3D; 03-18-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx3D View Post
                      What i consider its missing so far :

1) Enable - disable , Stereo or monoscopic render capture
                      2) Switch left - right order rendering , naming files
                      3) Resolution Aspect ratio setting , rendering 4096x2048 its ok for monoscopic but exceeds for stereo (should be 2048x2048 + 2048x2048) and not 4096x2048 + 4096x2048
                      4) Working capture frame rate and setteable !
                      5) Reliable Documentation !
                      6) A proper in-editor menu with all settings including access to proper ranges for each command (like make movie menu, already in matinee) would be nicer !
                      Agree with most of that. It would also be nice to have audio recording options - I imagine this is possible with existing UE4 tools, but I wonder if it works at the same time as SP export.

Comment

For Stereo you have to put one on top of the other (TopBottom)

Like this http://michaelallar.com/NYCStereoscopic2k.mp4

and Audio can be added in Post Production I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by lebek View Post
                          1. Install UE4 4.11 Preview 7
                          2. Create a new project, enable the Stereo Panoramic Movie Capture plugin under Edit > Plugins > Movie Capture, restart the editor
                          3. Go into play mode and enter the following commands:

SP.OutputDir C:\ (sets the output directory)
                          SP.PanoramicMovie 0 300 (make a movie, 300 frames long)

You can also do a screenshot with SP.PanoramicScreenshot

That's it - the result will be in C:\<current-date-time>\

Other settings:

Slice Controls
                          SP.HorizontalAngularIncrement: The number of degrees per horizontal step. Must be a factor of 360.
                          SP.VerticalAngularIncrement: The number of degrees per vertical step. Must be a factor of 180. <- decrease to around 30.0f if you're seeing dark horizontal bands in output (default is 90.0f)
                          SP.CaptureHorizontalFOV: Horizontal FOV for scene capture component. Must be larger than SP.HorizontalAngularIncrement

Atlas Controls
                          SP.StepCaptureWidth: The final spherical atlas width
                          SP.EyeSeparation: The separation of the stereo cameras
                          SP.ForceAlpha: Force the alpha value to completely opaque

Sampling Controls
                          SP.CaptureSlicePixelWidth: Capture Slice Pixel Dimension
                          SP.EnableBilerp: 0 - No Filtering 1- Bilinear Filter slice samples
                          SP.SuperSamplingMethod: 0 - No Supersampling, 1 - Rotated Grid SS

Debug Controls
                          SP.ConcurrentCaptures: The number of scene captures to capture at the same time
                          SP.GenerateDebugImages: 0 - No Debug Images\n1 - Save out each strip as it is generated\n2 - Save each entire slice
                          SP.OutputDir: Output directory
                          SP.ShouldOverrideInitialYaw: Override Initial Camera Yaw. Set to true if you don't want to use PlayerController View Dir <- true by default
                          SP.ForcedInitialYaw: Yaw value for initial Camera view direction. Set ShouldOverrideInitialYaw to true to use this value <- set the yaw
                          SP.FadeStereoToZeroAtSides: Fade stereo effect between left/right eye to zero at 90 degrees.
                          Hello,What's SP.ForceAlpha's value?

Comment

Good day everyone !
                            Just downloaded preview 8 , the exporter seems that is no longer working , at least like it did it in preview 7 , it does not start the capture process using the command SP.PanoramicMovie x xx , Did not found what is going on , has anyone tested this version yet ?

Comment

Hello. I'm just starting to learn UE4. Please help me to understand

Comment

My first time trying this (I'm on Preview 8) and get pure black left and right screenshots as output when calling sp.PanoramicScreenshot 0

Any ideas?

EDIT: Found my issue - Mobile Scalable targe hardware settings just produces black screens. Desktop maximum quality target hardware and then it works
                                Last edited by aussieburger; 04-03-2016, 06:12 AM. Reason: solved
                                Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Working...
                                X