• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    That is pretty **** amazing right there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vollgaser View Post
    That raw concrete gives not a cosy feeling, rather like a WW2 bunker. Would you personally like to live in a bunker?
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=bruta...t0DN4Q_AUIBigB

I love that style of architecture!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That raw concrete gives not a cosy feeling, rather like a WW2 bunker. Would you personally like to live in a bunker?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is WHY I like UE4 for architectural rendering and animation. The material rendition is exceptional and so is the realistic quality of light. My only complaint? The concrete doesn't mimic Ando's and Ando is all about his concrete:

Click image for larger version

Name:	AZUMA_HOUSE_TADAO_ANDO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1100687 <---REAL

Click image for larger version

Name:	AZUMA_HOUSE_TADAO_ANDO_UE4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	1100688

Excellent work!!
    Last edited by PhillyArchitect; 02-17-2016, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ivancina View Post
    could you tell us your lighting workflow and what are the lightmass settings both in editor and .ini file? 4.11 or 4.10 version?
    The project was done in 4.11 preview. Actually there was no need to change settings in ini files. My world settings were SLLS=0.5, ILQ=6

Leave a comment:

• replied
    could you tell us your lighting workflow and what are the lightmass settings both in editor and .ini file? 4.11 or 4.10 version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    very nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Klepadło View Post
    Thanks mhagelsieb!
    For diffuse chanel it is good to mix few textures with different scales to lose tiling effect.
    Great project! Can you be more specific about what you mean by "mix textures with different scales"?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mhagelsieb View Post
    I disagree. I think you've got it spot on. I think the warmth is a nice contrast to the typical cold feeling of concrete.

Thanks for the info above about the scene. Can I ask for a little more info on how you did the vegetation again? You mentioned it being a model from 3dsky, which i was able to find a few, but when I try to add a second uv channel using steamroller 3ds max comes to a halt with such a high poly count.

Also, what's your software pipeline (i.e., rhino, 3dsmax, sketchup, etc.)?

Thanks again!
    I am always preparing models in Cinema4D with built in uv tools.
    Unwrapping Uv's for the ivy also took a little bit of time. I didn't touch my PC for half an hour after unwrapping started, but in the end the second channel came out quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I disagree. I think you've got it spot on. I think the warmth is a nice contrast to the typical cold feeling of concrete.

Thanks for the info above about the scene. Can I ask for a little more info on how you did the vegetation again? You mentioned it being a model from 3dsky, which i was able to find a few, but when I try to add a second uv channel using steamroller 3ds max comes to a halt with such a high poly count.

Also, what's your software pipeline (i.e., rhino, 3dsmax, sketchup, etc.)?

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys! Looking at the scene now I think the end result could've been a little colder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beautiful scene!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excellent work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by spacehawk View Post
    hi looks great . I got a question are you using tessellation for any of the textures or is it all normal maps . thanks :-)
    normal maps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi looks great . I got a question are you using tessellation for any of the textures or is it all normal maps . thanks :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X