Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azuma House Archviz

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I disagree. I think you've got it spot on. I think the warmth is a nice contrast to the typical cold feeling of concrete.

    Thanks for the info above about the scene. Can I ask for a little more info on how you did the vegetation again? You mentioned it being a model from 3dsky, which i was able to find a few, but when I try to add a second uv channel using steamroller 3ds max comes to a halt with such a high poly count.

    Also, what's your software pipeline (i.e., rhino, 3dsmax, sketchup, etc.)?

    Thanks again!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by mhagelsieb View Post
      I disagree. I think you've got it spot on. I think the warmth is a nice contrast to the typical cold feeling of concrete.

      Thanks for the info above about the scene. Can I ask for a little more info on how you did the vegetation again? You mentioned it being a model from 3dsky, which i was able to find a few, but when I try to add a second uv channel using steamroller 3ds max comes to a halt with such a high poly count.

      Also, what's your software pipeline (i.e., rhino, 3dsmax, sketchup, etc.)?

      Thanks again!
      I am always preparing models in Cinema4D with built in uv tools.
      Unwrapping Uv's for the ivy also took a little bit of time. I didn't touch my PC for half an hour after unwrapping started, but in the end the second channel came out quite nice.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Klepadło View Post
        Thanks mhagelsieb!
        For diffuse chanel it is good to mix few textures with different scales to lose tiling effect.
        Great project! Can you be more specific about what you mean by "mix textures with different scales"?

        Thanks!

        Comment


          #19
          very nice

          Comment


            #20
            could you tell us your lighting workflow and what are the lightmass settings both in editor and .ini file? 4.11 or 4.10 version?

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by ivancina View Post
              could you tell us your lighting workflow and what are the lightmass settings both in editor and .ini file? 4.11 or 4.10 version?
              The project was done in 4.11 preview. Actually there was no need to change settings in ini files. My world settings were SLLS=0.5, ILQ=6

              Comment


                #22
                This is WHY I like UE4 for architectural rendering and animation. The material rendition is exceptional and so is the realistic quality of light. My only complaint? The concrete doesn't mimic Ando's and Ando is all about his concrete:

                Click image for larger version

Name:	AZUMA_HOUSE_TADAO_ANDO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1100687 <---REAL

                Click image for larger version

Name:	AZUMA_HOUSE_TADAO_ANDO_UE4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	1100688

                Excellent work!!
                Last edited by PhillyArchitect; 02-17-2016, 12:19 AM.

                Comment


                  #23
                  That raw concrete gives not a cosy feeling, rather like a WW2 bunker. Would you personally like to live in a bunker?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Vollgaser View Post
                    That raw concrete gives not a cosy feeling, rather like a WW2 bunker. Would you personally like to live in a bunker?
                    https://www.google.ca/search?q=bruta...t0DN4Q_AUIBigB

                    I love that style of architecture!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      That is pretty **** amazing right there
                      | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

                      Comment


                        #26
                        well done! im working on detailed koshino house with that so called "ando concrete" all around. it's really pain in the *** to tile them properly on different walls to look seamless. maybe he choose that way because of that.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by rranon View Post
                          Great project! Can you be more specific about what you mean by "mix textures with different scales"?

                          Thanks!
                          i also like to know what he means about that mix thingy.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I think he just meant a blend material... and scale each texture separately to achieve the look he want... Nothing very complex!

                            Texturecoordinate node (change tiling = scale)

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Great work. Love the lighting!
                              UE4 blog: www.michalorzelek.com/blog/ - Tutorials, free content and more!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Great work, you got the light spot on!
                                Coincidentally I was just finishing working on chair very similar to the one you used when I saw the post, haha.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X