Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barcelona Apartment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barcelona Apartment

    Hi guys,

    I wanted to share this project with you that I have been working on for the past months.
    It was part of my internship at architectural visualization studio Berga & Gonzalez architects.

    My task was to convert a v-ray scene to Unreal 4 with some interactivity functions and Oculus Rift integration.




    Here are a few screenshots of the apartment:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2K_Lisboa_LivingRoom_01_web.png
Views:	1
Size:	938.1 KB
ID:	1171312

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2K_Lisboa_Bedroom_02_web.png
Views:	1
Size:	833.5 KB
ID:	1171313

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2K_Lisboa_kitchen_02_web.png
Views:	1
Size:	625.0 KB
ID:	1171314

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2K_Lisboa_Kitchen_01_web.png
Views:	1
Size:	825.4 KB
ID:	1171315


    And a 360 video tour:

    Last edited by sandermer; 02-07-2016, 05:30 AM.
    My Porfolio

  • #2
    Looks good! Your 360 video is very choppy. What method did you use to export it from UE4?

    Comment


    • #3
      The lighting is really good.Could you tell me your lighting workflow?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SBiegun_PDG View Post
        Looks good! Your 360 video is very choppy. What method did you use to export it from UE4?
        Thanks! Yea it's choppy for me sometimes as well. I don't really understand why, because it's exported at 30fps. I used the method from the 360 plugin panoramic export pipeline.
        My Porfolio

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rohit Rohit View Post
          The lighting is really good.Could you tell me your lighting workflow?
          I used the "old skool" method with bouncecards and a spotlight for all the big windows combined with a dynamic sunlight. I decided not to use skylight + portals, because the lighting for this project was already almost done by the time light portals were released.
          My Porfolio

          Comment


          • #6
            Lovely scene. Nice even lighting. Would love a link to that 3d pano export. I have been doing it, but the method I found isn't producing as good of results as yours.

            Comment


            • #7
              awesome stuff! good job..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JOhnRose81 View Post
                Lovely scene. Nice even lighting. Would love a link to that 3d pano export. I have been doing it, but the method I found isn't producing as good of results as yours.
                Thanks John Rose! Here's a link to the method I used for the 360 export: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...xport-Pipeline
                My Porfolio

                Comment


                • #9
                  How did you create the textures for the bed, did you use a PBR material or not?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                    How did you create the textures for the bed, did you use a PBR material or not?
                    Yes, it's a PBR material, but a very simple one. If I remember correctly it just has a light grey color input with a bit of fresnel falloff, and a normal map for some of the folds.
                    My Porfolio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice scene but a bit too ''glowy'' for an interior, imo. Is it because you have too much light entering? Do you use a lut? Or maybe it's just the exposure that makes it overbright somehow.
                      Last edited by heartlessphil; 02-05-2016, 01:06 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                        Nice scene but a bit too ''glowy'' for an interior, imo. Is it because you have too much light entering? Do you use a lut? Or maybe it's just the exposure that makes it overbright somehow.
                        Thanks Phil! I guess it's a bit of everything I have volumetric lighting in the windows + all white walls and ceilings and I'm using a lut as well.
                        My Porfolio

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Added a new video!
                          My Porfolio

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X