Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcelona Apartment

Hi guys,

I wanted to share this project with you that I have been working on for the past months.
    It was part of my internship at architectural visualization studio Berga & Gonzalez architects.

My task was to convert a v-ray scene to Unreal 4 with some interactivity functions and Oculus Rift integration.

Here are a few screenshots of the apartment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2K_Lisboa_LivingRoom_01_web.png
Views:	1
Size:	938.1 KB
ID:	1171312

Name:	2K_Lisboa_Bedroom_02_web.png
Size:	833.5 KB
ID:	1171313

Name:	2K_Lisboa_kitchen_02_web.png
Size:	625.0 KB
ID:	1171314

Name:	2K_Lisboa_Kitchen_01_web.png
Size:	825.4 KB
ID:	1171315

And a 360 video tour:

Last edited by sandermer; 02-07-2016, 05:30 AM.
    My Porfolio

Looks good! Your 360 video is very choppy. What method did you use to export it from UE4?

Comment

The lighting is really good.Could you tell me your lighting workflow?

Comment

Originally posted by SBiegun_PDG View Post
        Looks good! Your 360 video is very choppy. What method did you use to export it from UE4?
        Thanks! Yea it's choppy for me sometimes as well. I don't really understand why, because it's exported at 30fps. I used the method from the 360 plugin panoramic export pipeline.
        My Porfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Rohit Rohit View Post
          The lighting is really good.Could you tell me your lighting workflow?
          I used the "old skool" method with bouncecards and a spotlight for all the big windows combined with a dynamic sunlight. I decided not to use skylight + portals, because the lighting for this project was already almost done by the time light portals were released.
          My Porfolio

Comment

Lovely scene. Nice even lighting. Would love a link to that 3d pano export. I have been doing it, but the method I found isn't producing as good of results as yours.

Comment

awesome stuff! good job..

Comment

Originally posted by JOhnRose81 View Post
                Lovely scene. Nice even lighting. Would love a link to that 3d pano export. I have been doing it, but the method I found isn't producing as good of results as yours.
                Thanks John Rose! Here's a link to the method I used for the 360 export: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...xport-Pipeline
                My Porfolio

Comment

How did you create the textures for the bed, did you use a PBR material or not?

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                    How did you create the textures for the bed, did you use a PBR material or not?
                    Yes, it's a PBR material, but a very simple one. If I remember correctly it just has a light grey color input with a bit of fresnel falloff, and a normal map for some of the folds.
                    My Porfolio

Comment

Nice scene but a bit too ''glowy'' for an interior, imo. Is it because you have too much light entering? Do you use a lut? Or maybe it's just the exposure that makes it overbright somehow.
                      Last edited by heartlessphil; 02-05-2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                        Nice scene but a bit too ''glowy'' for an interior, imo. Is it because you have too much light entering? Do you use a lut? Or maybe it's just the exposure that makes it overbright somehow.
                        Thanks Phil! I guess it's a bit of everything I have volumetric lighting in the windows + all white walls and ceilings and I'm using a lut as well.
                        My Porfolio

Comment

Added a new video!
                          My Porfolio

Comment

Working...
                          X