Just right here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	1094737

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where do I check to see if it's set to static? Under mobility it says static.
    Last edited by RI3DVIZ; 12-09-2015, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Should be fine then. It's set to static and not movable?

This is from official doc https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...mapDensity.jpg the only grey-ish part is the character. It's because it's movable (thus not being affected by lightmass baked lighting)
    Last edited by heartlessphil; 12-09-2015, 12:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is just a basic cube not a BSP, are those still bad to use? :O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it's a brush, you need to lower the resolution value. Default is 32. You can try 8, 4 or 2... But still better to have a static mesh with high res like 1024 or 2048 for the floor. I would use 2048!

Geometry from unreal editor (cone, sphere, box etc) are usually used for blocking out a game level before artists create the proper static meshes in another 3d soft!!!

don't use those : :-P

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	705.0 KB
ID:	1094729
    Last edited by heartlessphil; 12-08-2015, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    Make sure they're not BSP!!! quality won't be as good as a static mesh with high res. The ''gray-ish'' color isn't normal...shouldn't be that way right after a light build I think.

Are you sure they're not set to movable by accident?

If not, if the floor and ceiling are boxes, just remake them as simple planes and you'll have 1 clean well laid out lightmap!
    :O You know I don't know!? I just grabbed a cube and scaled it to size, I'll check that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make sure they're not BSP!!! quality won't be as good as a static mesh with high res. The ''gray-ish'' color isn't normal...shouldn't be that way right after a light build I think.

Are you sure they're not set to movable by accident?

If not, if the floor and ceiling are boxes, just remake them as simple planes and you'll have 1 clean well laid out lightmap!
    Last edited by heartlessphil; 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I rebuilt the entire scene over night so I don't think that's correct. The floor and ceiling are both from the supplied UE4 user content library, they are just cubes scaled up. It's possible as was mentioned they're too big and need to be sliced up in to quarters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RI3DVIZ View Post
    Here's the density, thanks for that info. The floor looks a bit pale green so maybe that's it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69202[/ATTACH]
    If I remember correctly, object shown in pale green color (gray-ish?) means you need to rebuild the light map for that object.

edit: this wiki could help you with your contact shadow problem
    Last edited by tupikp; 12-08-2015, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^ Okay thanks. I usually don't go over 512 on furniture and walls but the floor usually I set to 1024 because I haven't been getting good contact shadows.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^ Okay I will try that, not sure my machine will be able to bake it but I'll let it run over night.
    Try don't over use higher resolution for unnecessary.
    look at my lightmap examples below I dont use higher resolution to make the density turn red. even quite low res the density it already turns red.

Name:	LightmapReso01.jpg
Size:	563.0 KB
ID:	1094688

Name:	LightmapReso02.jpg
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	1094689

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^ Okay I will try that, not sure my machine will be able to bake it but I'll let it run over night.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's the density, thanks for that info. The floor looks a bit pale green so maybe that's it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69202[/ATTACH]
    Lightmap density is very subjective is depend how your do the UVs layout for the lightmap.
    For the shadow contact try set the static lighting scale to 0.2 t should have a good shadow contact naturally

Leave a comment:

• replied

Name:	Lightmap.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1094675

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can always check via light map density visualizer. If it's blue, then you may (or may not) need to increase the lightmap size (green color is the optimal result).

Personally, I wouldn't use light map size bigger than 1024. In some cases you may need to use 1024 or 2048 for small objects to get "high quality" look. Generally I'm using a minimum of 256 for small objects (books, vases, lamps, etc). For cloth-type objects (especially folded or wrinkled) I use 1024 to get rid of light map artifacts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X