No announcement yet.

Presenting your VR projects to clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My scene is not a native html5 unreal scene (which is possible, but the quality isn't going to be great at all) but a complete .exe game being streamed over the internet.

Developping a native html5 archivz scene would be like developping a mobile archviz scene, you'd have to make some compromises and optimize a lot which is not fun to do at all :-)
    Last edited by heartlessphil; 12-06-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
      My scene is not a native html5 unreal scene (which is possible, but the quality isn't going to be great at all) but a complete .exe game being streamed over the internet.

Developping a native html5 archivz scene would be like developping a mobile archviz scene, you'd have to make some compromises and optimize a lot which is not fun to do at all :-)
      Oh! I guess I don't know what the difference is, my mistake. Can you explain what the difference is then?

Comment

You can compile your unreal ''game'' directly in html5 and it will run on your browser. This is an example http://www.jadedpixelstudios.com/por...Apartment.html. It's made with ue4 according to them http://www.laststepstudios.com/

As you can see it's not quite the quality expected for arch-viz (imo)

X.io run any application on their powerful pc and just send you the rendered result via the net in real-time. Just like what the ONLIVE service used to do, play recent AAA games on their hardware and send you the image at home on any device equipped with a good connection.
        Last edited by heartlessphil; 12-06-2015, 11:51 PM.

Comment

You could do it as a Youtube video---you would render a 360 video from each eye, and then upload to Youtube and it should support Oculus or whatever you want to use.

For VR your only other option is to send them the built game, otherwise lag will be a problem. Issue is you need to make sure they have the hardware---a good PC and a VR Headset.

Comment

Strictly speaking for VR, I think that if you wanted to live-stream the content over the web (using a platform like X.io or ONLIVE) without caching and without worrying about the client's end system, you would need to get a server that is running NVidia GRID (http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-grid.html). GRID is basically a virtual desktop platform which instead of being CPU intensive, it's GPU intensive. NVidia's announcement on it basically stated that it was designed so that companies could live stream real-time games.

For VR, you have 13 milliseconds from motion to photon (user does something in RL, move head, move character forward.. and then it is displayed on the screen to the retina) to avoid sim sickness. On my 2MB down, 1MB Up connection on TWC, I am getting the following numbers going from my computer to the google server using a trace route, which uses a 64 byte packet. Keep in mind that a game's frame would be on the MB size:

Up: 428 milliseconds
            Down: 376 milliseconds

So, with the above in mind, you would need to treat the project like it was a Flash game, where it downloads the content and then runs the content from the user's temp folder. However, doing that negates the need for the GRID server, but you would need to ensure that the client has a powerful enough machine to run the project.

Anyways, long story short.. I don't think technology is to the point of being able to live stream VR content properly. Sure, we (I) can live stream 720p content no problem.. but being able to live stream 2 different images that are 1440p each.. not so much.
            WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
            World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
            WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

^ Good information in this thread!

Comment

SaviorNT is right for VR your client will need to have the good pc and the headgear. But there are good chances they'll have it if they ask for VR stuff!!!

Comment

I have seen requests for streaming VR which has been cleared up for me in this thread, I wasn't sure if it was possible since I saw some requests for it - now I know.

Comment

Working...
                  X