Need Help On Swarm!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help On Swarm!!

Hi, I really need help on this. As we all know building high quality lightmass gonna takes lot of time. network baking is very important right
    I running 5-6 pc for swarm agent. Everytime Its start like normal but somehow one by one will stopped running left only one that run to the end.
    anyone experience this before?

Click image for larger version

Name:	swarmproblem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1167158

This post from DanielW (Epic's engineer, responsible for GI solver/lightmass in UE4) might explain the "problem" you have.
    Swarm Agent and Lightmass Troubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by tupikp View Post
      This post from DanielW (Epic's engineer, responsible for GI solver/lightmass in UE4) might explain the "problem" you have.
      thank you so much! I will read thru it..

Comment

Sorry to bump this post, but I just found another explanation from DanielW in this post in Content Creation forum.

This is his post:

Originally posted by DanielW View Post

What happens a lot of time is that there aren't enough tasks (separate components) to go around. If you have 4 machines to distribute to, and each has 8 cores, the scene needs to have approximately 4 * 8 * 4 components to actually use all those cores. Only separate components can be sent to different machines.

I think once a slave computer finishes processing the lightmaps assigned to it, it's not able to pick a new job and continue to work further... I think I've read that somewhere
        That's not the case, agents will continue requesting tasks until there are no more to distribute.
        Swarm Agent and Lightmass Troubleshooting

Comment

Thanks tupikp it's very helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X