Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we price our unreal engine arch viz projects ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Yep, and this will be the majority of the work out there. There will be high end projects that will want more but those are going to be limited. I see it already in job postings, clients want 3D walk throughs for the price of a still render.

Comment

Originally posted by tupikp View Post
      Unlimited library of 3d models and PBR materials also available at low prices or free. So, even a person with average skills can create real time visualization with the right tools in his hands. Maybe this is not entirely true, but I've seen this trend happening everywhere for the past 10 years in digital computing (programming and art) area.
      Yes but there will be a difference between a quickly made cheap render and something more elaborate, almost like a piece of art. Look at what MIR does for example! Doing a video is one thing but doing a real good video require much more expertise. You need to understand composition, story-telling, video editing, sound editing etc... But there is a market for everything heh!

Comment

Thank God my client didn't ask for that kind of stills and videos!

For me, the ability to walk through the house/building and interactivity with the environment are the major selling point for arch viz, well at least that what I was selling to my clients, good lighting and PBR materials are just bonus for them

But in 2 years time (or maybe less) I think more clients will ask for full interactivity and Oculus Rift ready arch viz, and yes, possibly at the price of still renders or even less (-_-")
        Swarm Agent and Lightmass Troubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
          Yes but there will be a difference between a quickly made cheap render and something more elaborate, almost like a piece of art. Look at what MIR does for example! Doing a video is one thing but doing a real good video require much more expertise. You need to understand composition, story-telling, video editing, sound editing etc... But there is a market for everything heh!
          You also need to get "those" clients. And, to get those clients you need to show you can handle the job, which means a great portfolio and a staff to do the work. That will take time. Honestly I don't see UE4's quality level high enough for major presentations like Dbox and others do at the moment. That said as a design tool I think it's got a good chance. Maybe down the road when things like reflections (mirrors, glass) no lightmaps, better lighting solutions etc. it can compete but right now there are too many problems.

Comment

I think the ability of walking through a building in VR is going to be useful not only for marketing but also during the design process (maybe even just with clay models). I listened to a couple VR podcast about that and that's what they were telling. The interactivity is a gimmick imo. It will get old FAST!

I would focus my energy on composition/mood/story instead of programming complex blueprints just to be able to open a door. No one needs to experience how a door opens, close a light, open a tv, etc. but everyone will want to experience the scale of a building, and how you feel in a given space, etc. That's the true meaning of virtual reality imo.

Comment

As long as Art+Quality =Price then we will not face any problems finding those clients and am really happy to find more of those who don't care about the quality of work and only care about the money because they make artist work more unique and more required

From What i see here in Dubai City Scape with the renderings and the videos , the 3rd party clients that goes to our clients are always attracted by the quality of everything , those who go for cheap presentation are always considered to be a very cheap sellers and always get a very low attention , and the type of service always determine the type of client ,

yes maybe everybody have the tools and there are hundreds of tutorials that help anybody to finish a simple RT project in a short time but still the taste of art is exceptional that cannot be acquired so easy and ur quality of work will determine ur continuity in the market and also will be ur tool for free advertisement , Alex roman did the Third , The seventh ... as an art and as a challenge and look where did it take him now although koola UE work that made him so famous in the UE community and they will be rewarded for their taste and their quality of work .

Comment

Totally agreed. The future may seem not so bright, but in the end, although we all now have roughly the same tool set, still it's the artist's skill that will define his/her price and position in this era.
                Swarm Agent and Lightmass Troubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                  I think the ability of walking through a building in VR is going to be useful not only for marketing but also during the design process (maybe even just with clay models). I listened to a couple VR podcast about that and that's what they were telling. The interactivity is a gimmick imo. It will get old FAST!

I would focus my energy on composition/mood/story instead of programming complex blueprints just to be able to open a door. No one needs to experience how a door opens, close a light, open a tv, etc. but everyone will want to experience the scale of a building, and how you feel in a given space, etc. That's the true meaning of virtual reality imo.
                  I agree with your points. Having this ability in a large Architecture firm would be great, even in smaller firms. It might be tougher to sell this as an outside consultant because of the pipeline, it would be great if projects were updated like BIM so that when changes are made to the project they show up in the VR project. I can dream.

Comment

Working...
                  X