No announcement yet.

RT-Viz questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To light an interior with spotlight ok but for exterior it's not going to work because of spotlight's limited radius.

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
      To light an interior with spotlight ok but for exterior it's not going to work because of spotlight's limited radius.
      By dragging it's slider to the right side the maximum radius is 16384.0 but I just tried inputting numbers higher than that and it works.
      Artstation
      Join the support channel
      Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
        ^ Doing tests for an open world game.

Not sure why the environment is lit all the way. Everything defaults + Multi-Bounce enabled.

It looks like the voxel size or whatever it's called is too low. Basically everything gets converted to voxels to make things simpler, the smaller the voxels the better quality you get but it makes it slower. It looks to me like the voxel size in your scene has like 3 voxels covering the whole room.

Comment

how do you adjust the voxels?

Comment

@darthviper107, Yeah took some time to play with all the parameters. At 32 cones it gives acceptable results. I had 4 in image above.

When creating a new level with just a floor I'm getting ~3.6 ms. How many ms(s) is wise to add to this time to have vxgi?
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

The performance is gonna drop tremendously as you add stuff in your scene @ 32 cones, unless you have a beast of a pc!!!

After that try to run it in 2k or 4k to reduce aliasing and enjoy the slideshow hehe!

Comment

Working...
              X