Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Works runing on Chrome

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Works runing on Chrome

    Hi friends, I'm learning Unreal and I like to make works for windows and HTML5.

    I did three jobs (for now) and these run fine (except ambient occlusion and reflection in HTML5). I must improve a lot but I'm very satisfied with UE.

    Works run better in chrome:

    AC Murcia hotel:
    Windows: https://www.mediagenio.com/AC_Murcia_PC.rar
    Online: https://www.mediagenio.com/acmurcia/room.html


    Miscellaneous GOT:
    Windows: https://www.mediagenio.com/Winter_is_coming_PC.rar
    Online: https://www.mediagenio.com/winteriscoming/wic.html


    The Roman Baths:
    Windows: https://www.mediagenio.com/The_Roman_Baths_PC.rar
    Online: https://www.mediagenio.com/theromanbaths/trb.html

    I hope you like it,
    Cheers!
    mediagenio.com
    Infografia Malaga Mediagenio

    #2
    Originally posted by jarnosrt8 View Post
    Hi friends, I'm learning Unreal and I like to make works for windows and HTML5.

    I did three jobs (for now) and these run fine (except ambient occlusion and reflection in HTML5). I must improve a lot but I'm very satisfied with UE.

    Works run better in chrome:

    AC Murcia hotel:
    Windows: https://www.mediagenio.com/AC_Murcia_PC.rar
    Online: https://www.mediagenio.com/acmurcia/room.html


    Miscellaneous GOT:
    Windows: https://www.mediagenio.com/Winter_is_coming_PC.rar
    Online: https://www.mediagenio.com/winteriscoming/wic.html


    The Roman Baths:
    Windows: https://www.mediagenio.com/The_Roman_Baths_PC.rar
    Online: https://www.mediagenio.com/theromanbaths/trb.html

    I hope you like it,
    Cheers!
    Very Nice work.

    However, online version is taking a very long time to load. Probably, you can look into it.

    Can you give details regarding how did you manage to do the Online version?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by MSL View Post
      Very Nice work.

      However, online version is taking a very long time to load. Probably, you can look into it.

      Can you give details regarding how did you manage to do the Online version?
      Hi, thanks for your coment. Sorry for my english.

      The long time to load is a great problem, I know it.
      My hosting is "HTTPS", here may be the error. I'm thinking on convert it to simple HTTP.

      This is my setting in online versions with UE 4.8.3:

      Packaging:
      - full rebuild: check.
      - Use pack file: check.
      - Include Prerequisites: check.
      - Include Crash Reporter: check.
      - Cook only maps: check.
      - Create compressed cooked packages: check.

      HTML5 SDK:
      - Python27/python.exe
      - emscripten/1.30.0

      I launch wiht Firefox x86 but, it runs fine in chrome.
      The security browser system appears if I try to run it on Firefox, but I think it's due to "HTTPS" protocol.
      mediagenio.com
      Infografia Malaga Mediagenio

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jarnosrt8 View Post
        Hi, thanks for your coment. Sorry for my english.

        The long time to load is a great problem, I know it.
        My hosting is "HTTPS", here may be the error. I'm thinking on convert it to simple HTTP.

        This is my setting in online versions with UE 4.8.3:

        Packaging:
        - full rebuild: check.
        - Use pack file: check.
        - Include Prerequisites: check.
        - Include Crash Reporter: check.
        - Cook only maps: check.
        - Create compressed cooked packages: check.

        HTML5 SDK:
        - Python27/python.exe
        - emscripten/1.30.0

        I launch wiht Firefox x86 but, it runs fine in chrome.
        The security browser system appears if I try to run it on Firefox, but I think it's due to "HTTPS" protocol.
        Thanks for your quick reply.

        I tried building HTML5 and deploy. If I run HTML5LaunchHelper.exe I am able to run the project. If I place the packaged project in a server and try to access it, I am getting following error.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	exception.png
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1092634

        Now, I am getting this error:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	exception2.png
Views:	2
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1092635

        Do you have any idea how to resolve this?
        Last edited by MSL; 11-05-2015, 05:16 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Hi MSL, maybe your scene is too big for x86 browsers. I also saw assertion and symbols errors when I launched works with 4.9 version.

          All works released with version 4.9 failed. So I use version 4.8 only for html5 works.
          Desktop works run fine with 4.9.

          I don't know if Epic resolved this issue with version 4.10.

          You can use "Python" and "emscripten" in 4.8 but not in 4.9 version. All html5 works run fine with these two things in 4.8.

          I understand Epic wants to be self-sufficient to not require these "helpers" but I see many users affected by the same problems with 4.9.
          mediagenio.com
          Infografia Malaga Mediagenio

          Comment


            #6
            Looking good, all runs smooth on my machine with quite good loading times actually....One thing I'd suggest is to enable traditional movement controls: WASD
            [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by jarnosrt8 View Post
              Hi MSL, maybe your scene is too big for x86 browsers. I also saw assertion and symbols errors when I launched works with 4.9 version.

              All works released with version 4.9 failed. So I use version 4.8 only for html5 works.
              Desktop works run fine with 4.9.

              I don't know if Epic resolved this issue with version 4.10.

              You can use "Python" and "emscripten" in 4.8 but not in 4.9 version. All html5 works run fine with these two things in 4.8.

              I understand Epic wants to be self-sufficient to not require these "helpers" but I see many users affected by the same problems with 4.9.
              Hmm... but surprisingly, it's working locally if I use HTML5LauncherHelper.exe. Let me check with 4.8 version.

              Comment


                #8
                Yes, it runs locally with 4.9. The problems begin when you upload the work to your external server.
                mediagenio.com
                Infografia Malaga Mediagenio

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ULLS View Post
                  Looking good, all runs smooth on my machine with quite good loading times actually....One thing I'd suggest is to enable traditional movement controls: WASD
                  Thanks ULLS, i'll change it for next works.
                  mediagenio.com
                  Infografia Malaga Mediagenio

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by jarnosrt8 View Post
                    Yes, it runs locally with 4.9. The problems begin when you upload the work to your external server.
                    Ok. Now, it's not building in 4.8

                    ProjectLauncher.txt

                    I can package it for other platforms but if I try to package for HTML5 it's opening HTML5 Documentation. So probably, some set up must have gone wrong. One thing I noticed is Location of Emscripten SDK is showing as Incorrect SDK Directory.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	sdk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1092657

                    Comment


                      #11
                      "Incorrect SDK directory" appears in my 4.8 version too, but no problem. The works run.

                      Be sure you Emscripten's route is correct in your HTML5Engine.ini and it is "1.30.0" version (Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Config\HTML5)

                      and add Firefox route in HTML5 devices (in your screem)
                      Last edited by jarnosrt8; 11-05-2015, 08:33 AM.
                      mediagenio.com
                      Infografia Malaga Mediagenio

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X