Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets make Lightmass EPIC (and understandable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Does anyone know why my lightmass builds are failing? It seems to happen quite a bit when scenes get to a certain complexity. When I load sub-levels in individually, they build just fine, but when I combine them, they fail, with no information in the output as to why this might be happening. Should I be looking elsewhere to debug this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by migero View Post
    is this topic still alive ?

i got rid of all light leaks but still my lightmaps seem blocky is this due to compression ?

NumHemisphereSamples = 128
    lightmap res ~ 1300
    medium quality
    Yes that's due to compression

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is this topic still alive ?

i got rid of all light leaks but still my lightmaps seem blocky is this due to compression ?

NumHemisphereSamples = 128
    lightmap res ~ 1300
    medium quality

Click image for larger version

Name:	light.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1132370

Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1132371

Name:	HighresScreenshot00002.jpg
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1132372

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Man... so much info in here. Unfortunatly some of this is outdated i think. Specially with less ppl using a custom baselightmass. What the final consensus with getting aclean render?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey could anyone help me out here? I'm kinda stuck with my Ziba Tower remake for Pavlov VR ( a Virtual Reality game).
    It's a pretty big map but its on the Forward Rendering and I don't want the build time to be too long and the filesize to be too big (its at around 600-700mb atm), a decent no splotshes setting would be good enough.

Currently using 0.7 100 1 1, no edit in the ini

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which parameters influenced significantly by multi bounce skylight method? I increased NumHemisphereSamples to 128 in a scene and the building time soared from 1 hour to never ending (got 6 Sky lighting bounce for 6 hours so I had to turn it off).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raghu View Post

*Custom baking engine to bypass lightmass.
    Yea ''potential'' ''future'' ... Hopefully they are making it a priority though! hehe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZacD View Post
    The UV-less line is more interesting than bypassing lightmass (IMO).
    what ZacD?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The UV-less line is more interesting than bypassing lightmass (IMO).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    Yea but if they don't implement lightmaps baking, it's useless... it's just an offline renderer inside a game editor. Might save the trouble of using 2 different software to make stills and movies but it won't allow us to make more realistic playable scenes.

*Custom baking engine to bypass lightmass.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys ! Please help in my test. Why can you see the standart material in reflection, not chromium ? How to invisible DirectionalLight in reflection ? Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	609.5 KB
ID:	1130016Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	428.8 KB
ID:	1130017Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	538.0 KB
ID:	1130018

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    Yea but if they don't implement lightmaps baking, it's useless... it's just an offline renderer inside a game editor. Might save the trouble of using 2 different software to make stills and movies but it won't allow us to make more realistic playable scenes.

Life without lightmass is really poor

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    woow great news , looking forward it .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The news I have been waiting from Day one when I switched to the Unreal Engine - https://80.lv/articles/vray-for-unreal-engine-4/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X