Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets make Lightmass EPIC (and understandable)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. But I have not achieved the same beautiful small shadows as in 4.9 and I don't know why. It's not so sharpen anymore, but the rendering times are fine now.
    Last edited by rafareis123; 01-04-2016, 02:54 PM.
    http://www.ue4arch.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...pois6WVG6hqXNQ
    Latest projects

Comment

What was the build time and your computer specs?

Also, I want your leather material!
      Last edited by RI3DVIZ; 01-04-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Looking awesome rafareis, great lighting, reflections, colour balance - everything. This is the kind of stuff that inspires me to get better.

Comment

Hi !

i'm trying to create a simple scene with Lightmass Portal but I have some problem with some strange artecfact of the roof of my scene.
          It's the second scene that make this error. I have the same problem if I seperate my roof to the wall or not.
          This is an example of my problem :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	594.8 KB
ID:	1098004

Comment

Is the lightmap resolution on that model large enough? Is the ceiling and roof one continuous mesh or are they separate floating parts?

Comment

Hi Guys!
              Some WIP screenshots from my first archiviz Study (rendering and light) within the UE4 11. The design is based on a scene from "EvermotionArch30Vol.".

- First my parameters inside UE editor:
              Static lighting level: 0.5
              Num indirect light bounce : 3
              Ind. Light qual : 1
              Ind. Light smoothness : 1

Standard content material and light for the scene -> 1 lightsource and 3spotlights (1x station + 2x static).
              - Inside the baseconfiglighting.Ini :NumHemisphereSamples=64
              Lightmaps : 1024 for walls, 512 for the floor, 64-128 for the props/asset
              Build time: 1h05 for the lighting on "high quality"

I wonder how to improve the lighting ? Tweaking the number of "ind light bounce"/NumSphere", remove the standard skyPhere with an HDRImap (ie : tutorial from Rag3DViz website)? Add StaticProjector + cardboard for the lighting/emissive cardboard ??

Thanks for your feedbacks!

PS: the screens are sharper/smooth in "play" mode.

Attached Files

Comment

I think you could do better without even touching the baselightmass.ini.

You just have too much lighting in your scene imo. Use a HDRI skylight with a subtle directional light for the sun. That should be enough. Use the new lightmass portals and drop the spot lights :-)
                Raise lighting quality a bit.. try 4. See how it looks.

Also, use static lights!!!

Comment

I'm having fun doing tests. Both have the same lightmap resolutions, production setup, etc.

Mihanix version with .07 / 50 / 10 / 1.3 + baselightmass.ini changes (he said 4 hours to build)

Name:	portal007_50_10_1p3.jpg
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1098062

4.11 with portals with .15 / 30 / 4 / 1 and default baselightmass.ini (26 mins to build on a single i7)

Name:	portal015_30_4_1.jpg
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1098063
                  Last edited by heartlessphil; 01-06-2016, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah that 26 minute bake looks just as good.

Comment

The new sequencer (matinee 2.0) is pretty dope too! Can't wait to make the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by rafareis123 View Post
                        Just some tests with only `skylight`

I have used 0.15 in `static lighting level scale` and `NumHemisphereSamples=128`
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/atta...1&d=1451929309

Very nice work. How to make material curtains, if not secret?

Comment

Originally posted by rafareis123 View Post
                          Just some tests with only `skylight`

I have used 0.15 in `static lighting level scale` and `NumHemisphereSamples=128`
                          That looks awesome :-) Can you tell the other values as well please :-) Is the NumHem Value the only value you tweak in the .ini? Also are you using a custom hdri or just the basic bp skysphere? How do you achieve the burned out windows in white? I dont want my hdri showing in the windows. Also would you use a big box reflection capture for the whole scene or multiple sphere reflection captures like in koolas lightroom. Other opinions welcome as well

Comment

Originally posted by feingeist88 View Post
                            That looks awesome :-) Can you tell the other values as well please :-) Is the NumHem Value the only value you tweak in the .ini? Also are you using a custom hdri or just the basic bp skysphere? How do you achieve the burned out windows in white? I dont want my hdri showing in the windows. Also would you use a big box reflection capture for the whole scene or multiple sphere reflection captures like in koolas lightroom. Other opinions welcome as well
                            You can add an emissive plane out the windows that does not cast a shadow to get the bright white look.

Comment

Originally posted by TONOLITO View Post
                              Hi Guys!
                              Some WIP screenshots from my first archiviz Study (rendering and light) within the UE4 11. The design is based on a scene from "EvermotionArch30Vol.".

- First my parameters inside UE editor:
                              Static lighting level: 0.5
                              Num indirect light bounce : 3
                              Ind. Light qual : 1
                              Ind. Light smoothness : 1

Standard content material and light for the scene -> 1 lightsource and 3spotlights (1x station + 2x static).
                              - Inside the baseconfiglighting.Ini :NumHemisphereSamples=64
                              Lightmaps : 1024 for walls, 512 for the floor, 64-128 for the props/asset
                              Build time: 1h05 for the lighting on "high quality"
                              Looks great! Did you used one big box reflection capture or multiple sphere reflection capture.. and what are your settings in skylight (intensity and indirect intensity)?

Comment

@feingeist88
                                Thx !
                                Bellow enc. a JPEG with my parameters. I haven't use "skylight" in this scene !

@ heartlessphil
                                I'm trying to use an HDRImap in place of the standard skysphere. i'm going to see what i can get
                                Last edited by TONOLITO; 01-06-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X