Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets make Lightmass EPIC (and understandable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u're welcome

Comment

did you guys see the latest stream? light portals will be in 4.11 and light building is 2x faster.

discussion starts at 28:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22jvxFoTHBk

Comment

Raghu, mihanix, koola, rafareis123 -Thanks very much! Waiting for the new tutorials!!!!
        Last edited by Vrender; 12-19-2015, 04:09 AM.
        Maxim S.
        Architectural Rendering
        Vrender Company

Comment

Originally posted by cora View Post
          did you guys see the latest stream? light portals will be in 4.11 and light building is 2x faster.

discussion starts at 28:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22jvxFoTHBk
          Yaaayyy.... Thanks to @Raghu for starting this post! And big thanks to @DanielW for listening and implementing light portal!

edit: and for also integrating Intel Embree to UE light mass system, really can't wait for UE4.11
          Last edited by tupikp; 12-19-2015, 05:04 AM.
          Swarm Agent and Lightmass Troubleshooting

Comment

Incredible!

Portals and Embree for the win!
            Last edited by heartlessphil; 12-19-2015, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Well... UE 4.11 preview 1 is due next week, fingers crossed!

Comment

Yeah I'm really exited too for all this new features, I hope the first preview is actually next week and is stable enough to test it.

Comment

this thread is amazing.

Comment

I want involved here but all I was praying for is going to be included in 4.11 such a bless ...
                    World's First Integrated Visualisation Solution: www.vastview.com.au
                    World's Finest UE4 Assets: www.ue4asset.com

Comment

Hello friends!
                      Help me please - after i add Point light to the first test scene (with koola settings - post #172) light building time increases several times or stopped
                      Last edited by Vrender; 12-20-2015, 03:41 PM.
                      Maxim S.
                      Architectural Rendering
                      Vrender Company

Comment

Originally posted by Vrender View Post
                        Hello friends!
                        Help me please - after i add Point light to the first test scene (with koola settings - post #172) light building time increases several times or stopped
                        This kills my build times: Static Lighting Level=0.2
                        I ran a test over night, 7 hours and it was only 10% built when I woke up! When I set this values to .7 I get better build times and honestly I don't see a huge difference.

Comment

Lightmass using Embree?! that's great!!! That means 2X faster! Can't wait for 4.11.
                          Good job guys!
                          Last edited by aviel08; 12-20-2015, 08:50 PM.
                          Alex Leiva

Architect/Visualiser, National VR lead
                          C o x Architecture

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-leiva-88187840/

COLORAMA - Cinematic color grading // The Vineyard Challenge Solo – Runner Up

Comment

That is some serious improvement! Can't wait!
                            | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

...and DanielW also managed to sort out the spotlight leaking bug in 4.11. Pretty unfortunate bug which caused many arch viz devs (incl me) scratching their head and tried numerous variations in lightmass settings and baselightmass.ini file

Comment

Thanks everybody for making this thread awesome

I cannot thank you enough to all the members who participated in this thread and made this possible. Removing light leaks and introduction of Light Portals is going to make things so much easier now. Good riddance.

Hat’s off to @DanielW.

It's not even a year since I started using UE4 (I was and am a full blown Arch-Vis artist). I was so reluctant at first that I almost given up several times due to lack of proper study material specifically directed towards Arch-Vis industry. But whenever my interest for UE4 begins to ebb, there was always something fascinating puling me towards it again and again - Koola and Unreal Paris to name a few.
                                Unreal Engine's Community Forum response and support is what persuaded me to keep exploring further.

Distinction between traditional tools and UE4 for Arch-Vis is getting clearer day by day. UE4 has opened so many new doors to unexplored territory for Arch-Vis artists Like - Game Environment Lighting.
                                How fast Unreal Engine has changed in few months is unbelievable, Can’t imagine what will happen if we get support for – Area Lights and Physical Camera.
                                Attached Files
                                Raghu
                                http://rag3dviz.com
                                HDRI Lighting Tutorial
                                Basic UVW Workflow Tutorial

Comment

Working...
                                X