Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets make Lightmass EPIC (and understandable)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mihanix View Post
    Try blueprints BP_LightStudio, which is in the Starter Content.
    I changed it a little bit
    Project: https://mega.nz/#!K5gXCQ4b!AcgCKHqGc...RcQkXVvwelAA68
    Preview BaseLigntmass.ini settings from rafareis123: https://mega.nz/#!e4QxXZQR!AknMUXTuh...8aHW2s8rO-p0so
    So is this working for rotating the hdri that bakes the light? Or just for visual/rendering?

    I would like to be able to rotate the hdri in such way that the sun on it is positioned where I have the most light coming through my indoors. ( not for visual but for getting the most light come through when baking).
    Portfolio

    Comment


      Mihanix. I downloaded your scene but when I open it in UE4 - 4.8 there are no assets in the folders, yet they are in the root folders. For some reason they're not showing up in the import dialog either.
      Any clues?

      Comment


        Originally posted by RI3DVIZ View Post
        Mihanix. I downloaded your scene but when I open it in UE4 - 4.8 there are no assets in the folders, yet they are in the root folders. For some reason they're not showing up in the import dialog either.
        Any clues?
        I used UE4 - 4.10 it may be the reason.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Robbie222 View Post
          So is this working for rotating the hdri that bakes the light? Or just for visual/rendering?

          I would like to be able to rotate the hdri in such way that the sun on it is positioned where I have the most light coming through my indoors. ( not for visual but for getting the most light come through when baking).
          I'm trying to figure out how to do it. Very bad I understand in blueprints.

          Comment


            I just wanna throw in my 2 cents. I've noticed that if I set all my Indirect Lighting Intensity to 3 and in World Settings under VR, set World to Meters to 1. Fills up the room with more light and looks great.

            Comment


              Originally posted by mihanix View Post
              I used UE4 - 4.10 it may be the reason.
              Works fine for me in 4.10.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JOhnRose81 View Post
                I just wanna throw in my 2 cents. I've noticed that if I set all my Indirect Lighting Intensity to 3 and in World Settings under VR, set World to Meters to 1. Fills up the room with more light and looks great.
                Yes, Indirect Lighting Intensity really does help lit the room. I'm using it for Skylight only though, not every light source. However I'm curious with that VR Settings. Have you tried using Indirect Lighting Intensity without changing the VR Settings (leave it at 100)?
                Swarm Agent and Lightmass Troubleshooting

                Comment


                  Yes. Absolutely. Not sure why it was such a big difference.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by tupikp View Post
                    Yes, Indirect Lighting Intensity really does help lit the room. I'm using it for Skylight only though, not every light source. However I'm curious with that VR Settings. Have you tried using Indirect Lighting Intensity without changing the VR Settings (leave it at 100)?
                    I'm not positive but I think it might be better to use the auto exposure settings in the post processing volume to adjust brightness. I think you lose less detail.

                    Comment


                      Right, but that doesn't boost indirect lighting and reduce dirty walls and light leaks. But you ARE right by saying you lose less detail if you can balance out post process auto exposure and indirect light intensity.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JOhnRose81 View Post
                        Right, but that doesn't boost indirect lighting and reduce dirty walls and light leaks. But you ARE right by saying you lose less detail if you can balance out post process auto exposure and indirect light intensity.
                        Ahhh, I see. I used a ambient cubemap on one test with a .25 setting which helped clean up some dirt.

                        Comment


                          I noticed a problem with UE4 why the screenshot output is without AA and the images looks real bad. now I only use printscreen on the keyboard sad T_T
                          Working with lightmass definately give us some headache here I tested a very budget lightmass result.

                          Medium quality lightmass.
                          with SKylight+directlight
                          staticlighting scale must set to .2 to get good indirect shadows.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	testlightmass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	456.4 KB
ID:	1093745
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ad2meshTest.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	615.1 KB
ID:	1093780
                          Last edited by ad2mesh; 11-23-2015, 09:33 AM.

                          Comment


                            Does anyone have a copy of all the .ini default settings, I copied the ones in this thread but lost the default settings by mistake! :O I want to change them back to default for some testing.

                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                              Here you go.

                              The attached file is the default baselightmass, renamed as .txt since the .ini seems to be a problem for file attachment.
                              Just remove the .txt at the end and u're done.

                              ++
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                Thank you very much Beatnic!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X