Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets make Lightmass EPIC (and understandable)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Robbie222 View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to rotate the hdri used to light the scene? Is it possible to also have a visual representation of the hdri's orientation for better adjustments?
    I am too still looking for options to rotate cubemap in SkyLight, meanwhile here is the workflow to rotate HDRI which has been used in EditorSkyshere as a background.







    I am working extensively for creating a tutorial which will cover complete Lighting Workflow for Arch-Viz (Exteriors and Interiors) in Unreal Engine. Will start updating my blog soon. Thinking of making video tutorials also, but little bit reluctant about that (shyness).
    Attached Files
    Raghu
    http://rag3dviz.com
    HDRI Lighting Tutorial
    Basic UVW Workflow Tutorial

    Comment


      Very handy, thank you Raghu.
      I'm looking forward to read your tutorial !

      Comment


        Originally posted by Raghu View Post
        I am too still looking for options to rotate cubemap in SkyLight, meanwhile here is the workflow to rotate HDRI which has been used in EditorSkyshere as a background.


        I am working extensively for creating a tutorial which will cover complete Lighting Workflow for Arch-Viz (Exteriors and Interiors) in Unreal Engine. Will start updating my blog soon. Thinking of making video tutorials also, but little bit reluctant about that (shyness).
        Looking pretty good man, thx for sharing

        Comment


          Try blueprints BP_LightStudio, which is in the Starter Content.
          I changed it a little bit
          Project: https://mega.nz/#!K5gXCQ4b!AcgCKHqGc...RcQkXVvwelAA68
          Preview BaseLigntmass.ini settings from rafareis123: https://mega.nz/#!e4QxXZQR!AknMUXTuh...8aHW2s8rO-p0so
          Screenshots:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	575.6 KB
ID:	1093473
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	559.0 KB
ID:	1093474
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	526.2 KB
ID:	1093475
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	570.4 KB
ID:	1093476
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	730.2 KB
ID:	1093477
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	680.0 KB
ID:	1093478
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	709.1 KB
ID:	1093479
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	686.2 KB
ID:	1093480
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	732.5 KB
ID:	1093481
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	724.0 KB
ID:	1093482
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	698.7 KB
ID:	1093483
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	731.6 KB
ID:	1093484
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	735.8 KB
ID:	1093485

          1) disabled PrevisArrow
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	572.0 KB
ID:	1093486
          2)Switch SkyLight 1 static
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	578.7 KB
ID:	1093487
          3)Disable sun
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	518.6 KB
ID:	1093488
          4)Sun used separately
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	517.3 KB
ID:	1093489
          5)Disabled Atmosphere and fog
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	542.1 KB
ID:	1093490
          Last edited by mihanix; 11-18-2015, 08:34 AM.

          Comment


            Those look pretty good, thanks for sharing. I see aliasing on the shadows in some shots, any way to fix that?

            Comment


              i wonder how this can help archviz creators in future, i know that baking still has highest quality but still...

              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ive-plugin-AHR
              tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

              Comment


                It's normal it's the editor view and screenshots (low res).

                Comment


                  Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                  It's normal it's the editor view and screenshots (low res).
                  I got the same aliasing on lights when I exported a matinee sequence. Any clues why that is? It was on the actual light being cast on an object.

                  Comment


                    That's because his lightmaps are too low res... The floor is way too big for 1 lightmap.
                    Last edited by heartlessphil; 11-18-2015, 03:36 PM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mihanix View Post
                      Try blueprints BP_LightStudio, which is in the Starter Content.
                      I changed it a little bit
                      Project: https://mega.nz/#!K5gXCQ4b!AcgCKHqGc...RcQkXVvwelAA68
                      Preview BaseLigntmass.ini settings from rafareis123: https://mega.nz/#!e4QxXZQR!AknMUXTuh...8aHW2s8rO-p0so
                      So is this working for rotating the hdri that bakes the light? Or just for visual/rendering?

                      I would like to be able to rotate the hdri in such way that the sun on it is positioned where I have the most light coming through my indoors. ( not for visual but for getting the most light come through when baking).
                      Portfolio

                      Comment


                        Mihanix. I downloaded your scene but when I open it in UE4 - 4.8 there are no assets in the folders, yet they are in the root folders. For some reason they're not showing up in the import dialog either.
                        Any clues?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by RI3DVIZ View Post
                          Mihanix. I downloaded your scene but when I open it in UE4 - 4.8 there are no assets in the folders, yet they are in the root folders. For some reason they're not showing up in the import dialog either.
                          Any clues?
                          I used UE4 - 4.10 it may be the reason.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Robbie222 View Post
                            So is this working for rotating the hdri that bakes the light? Or just for visual/rendering?

                            I would like to be able to rotate the hdri in such way that the sun on it is positioned where I have the most light coming through my indoors. ( not for visual but for getting the most light come through when baking).
                            I'm trying to figure out how to do it. Very bad I understand in blueprints.

                            Comment


                              I just wanna throw in my 2 cents. I've noticed that if I set all my Indirect Lighting Intensity to 3 and in World Settings under VR, set World to Meters to 1. Fills up the room with more light and looks great.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mihanix View Post
                                I used UE4 - 4.10 it may be the reason.
                                Works fine for me in 4.10.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X