Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets make Lightmass EPIC (and understandable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Ptyx View Post
    Confirmed.

only NumIndirectPhotonsScale=4 seems to solve this issue, even if the box is moved/scaled.
    [MENTION=5618]koola[/MENTION] and [MENTION=206489]Ptyx[/MENTION]:

I happen to see this kind of problem many times, for example when there are pieces of forniture close to a wall. The back of the object seems to reflect or emit light, often with strange colours coming from nearby objects.

Is there any sort of cache for lightmass that can be cleaned up? Sometimes this problem seems to go away or come back even just building light multiple times.
    Last edited by devel.bmad; 07-08-2016, 05:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dustintinkler View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the mac/OS X version using lightmass portals? I can't seem to get them to work.

Thanks,
    They are working for me, what is your issue? Be sure to cover all the places where the light gets in, or there may be some artefacts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have AO turned off in the lightmass settings, is this what you mean?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you have ambient occlusion turned on in the light map settings?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys!!!

I have been struggling with an issue for a couple days now, and if there is anyone that has an answer to my problem I'm begging you to tell me No matter what I do I keep getting black artifacts at the bottom of my boxes (see below)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Black_Line_Artifacts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	1111609

I'm building at production settings

Scale = 0.2
    Indirect Bounces = 30
    Quality = 2.0
    Smoothing = 1

I'm not currently using portals and I'm using 4.11

My lightmaps are solid. The roof, floor and each wall are all separate lightmaps. The boxes are set to 512 as well. I assure you I did not start off with a 512 lightmap for a box lol

I have tested the whole scene with 2k lightmaps. I have tried about every setting I can think of. I have tried positioning the boxes below, above and aligned with the floor. When I turn the lightmaps up the black lines become even more noticeable.

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by worldlearner0411; 07-06-2016, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've finally finished reading all this thread, it took me around 4 hours, but that was worth it really!

Thanks to everyone who has constructively contributed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    these are Engineering Sample cpus. same thing as retail with slightly lover clock. i have E5-2697 v4 for 600$ each. but i guess support could be problem with those.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jazvec View Post
    hi. i have a serious question. does unreal actually support dual xeons? everyone assumes it does. ive build a dual 18 core machine, 72 threads in total, set the swarm for 72 threads, but the baking works always only on one cpu. the other one is idling. an unreal is not the only software that hve a problem with this. can somebody here give me a final answer? thanks
    I only posted the image to clear your doubts regarding the full support of Dual Xeons in UE4. I highly recommend that you post your problem on 'UE4 AnswerHub' there you will get the full technical support. Just wondering though, why your CPU name is like - Genuine Intel(R) 0000 @2.20 GHz. Normally it shows the CPU model name.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raghu View Post
    Unreal Engine does support dual Xeons and I don't see a reason why it should not. I have Dual Intel Xeon E5-2680 V3 and they are working flawlessly. Refer to image below for both Xeons working at 100%.

my reason is right here:

Name:	6IshMw5DClNZ0ksVwLacwaO0lA3Ob.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1108862

Name:	6IshOhKn7KFWIP7jmuHRSLikRsclX.jpg
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1108863

Name:	6IshGoBlnutHugw6UXAoGXeOPH6tz.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1108864

Name:	6IshIFjs8Kj7ELjP7e8VMzbWR1wDp.jpg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1108865

Im also getting only 2.3GHz all core turbo. this cpu has 2.6GHz all core turbo. only unreal runs bellow that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jazvec View Post
    hi. i have a serious question. does unreal actually support dual xeons? everyone assumes it does. ive build a dual 18 core machine, 72 threads in total, set the swarm for 72 threads, but the baking works always only on one cpu. the other one is idling. an unreal is not the only software that hve a problem with this. can somebody here give me a final answer? thanks
    Unreal Engine does support dual Xeons and I don't see a reason why it should not. I have Dual Intel Xeon E5-2680 V3 and they are working flawlessly. Refer to image below for both Xeons working at 100%.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone have any experience with the mac/OS X version using lightmass portals? I can't seem to get them to work.

Thanks,
    Last edited by dustintinkler; 06-21-2016, 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The first project. Render Time 2.30.46 (i7-3770 16Gb) (medium)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Carlos David View Post
    [MENTION=28094]asmithey[/MENTION] You can find the Lightmass portal by searching at "Search Classes" or rolling down in "All Classes" category.

Somebody can help me... my lightmass portal does not make any difference at the scene.
    Try using the exposure.

Lighting will always be correct if you follow the physically based model. Your portal might also be a little wide. In my experience, I always try to make mine fit exactly inside a hole (yours has a bit of an overlap with the wall).
    Last edited by JordanN; 06-10-2016, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Carlos David View Post
    Somebody can help me... my lightmass portal does not make any difference at the scene.
    Have you tried turning up Global Illumination in your Post Process Volume? I'm not sure if it is the standard way to brighten things up for everyone but it seems to work wonders for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X