First project - Unreal Engine 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ajudaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hi Adelson, really cool video, I dont speak very good english so I'm sorry, I hope you can understand me.
    I have questions, I'm modeling a house in UE4, in my matinee movie the materials and lights look fine, but when I press PLAY or END MOVIE the model looks bad, like low quality rendering (only the model, the lights and materiales look nice), I dont know how to make it better, or change it. I have change the FPS, size of image, advance settings, I'm desperate.
    Do you have a tutorial video for that? where do you learn this program? I dont know how to change de quality render or matinee.

I notice that you speak portugues (i understand it, but I'm not very good writing it) SO i'm going to write this in spanish, maybe yo will understand me better.
    tengo un problema con la calidad del matinee, las luces y los materiales se ven bien, pero al darle play o pelicula matinee, los volumenes se ven distorsionados, pixelados. lo demas se ve bien, no entiendo como mejorar la calidad del video, tengo la mas grande imagen y el fps en 30. como aprendiste a usar el programa? has visto algun tutorial que sirva para esto? AJUUUUDA POR FAVOR, obrigado!...

Comment

Originally posted by AndreDeSousa View Post
      Hi Adelson, really cool video, I dont speak very good english so I'm sorry, I hope you can understand me.
      I have questions, I'm modeling a house in UE4, in my matinee movie the materials and lights look fine, but when I press PLAY or END MOVIE the model looks bad, like low quality rendering (only the model, the lights and materiales look nice), I dont know how to make it better, or change it. I have change the FPS, size of image, advance settings, I'm desperate.
      Do you have a tutorial video for that? where do you learn this program? I dont know how to change de quality render or matinee.

I notice that you speak portugues (i understand it, but I'm not very good writing it) SO i'm going to write this in spanish, maybe yo will understand me better.
      tengo un problema con la calidad del matinee, las luces y los materiales se ven bien, pero al darle play o pelicula matinee, los volumenes se ven distorsionados, pixelados. lo demas se ve bien, no entiendo como mejorar la calidad del video, tengo la mas grande imagen y el fps en 30. como aprendiste a usar el programa? has visto algun tutorial que sirva para esto? AJUUUUDA POR FAVOR, obrigado!...
      Can you take a print your scene? Your intent is make a AVI movie, or just a animation inside your game?

Comment

Hi Adelson
        I have a question and i would really appreciate it if you reply
        I'm an architecture student and I have unreal engine 4 on my laptop, I was learning how to work with it but it didn't look like an architectural result, is UE4arch some kind of plugin ? Because there is no option like wall or window in unreal engine itself, how do you do it ? I couldn't find out how to do it, should i continue using unreal engine ? Do i need scripting ?

Thank you so much

Comment

People are building their models in 3DS Max or other software and importing into UE4 to do virtual walk throughs and animations - UE4 is stand alone not a plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by kiana.mousavi View Post
            Hi Adelson
            I have a question and i would really appreciate it if you reply
            I'm an architecture student and I have unreal engine 4 on my laptop, I was learning how to work with it but it didn't look like an architectural result, is UE4arch some kind of plugin ? Because there is no option like wall or window in unreal engine itself, how do you do it ? I couldn't find out how to do it, should i continue using unreal engine ? Do i need scripting ?

Thank you so much
            Hi!! I used a external software, in this case is 3ds max for modeling. Inside Unreal you don't have complex objects.

Comment

Originally posted by Adelson View Post
              Hi!! I used a external software, in this case is 3ds max for modeling. Inside Unreal you don't have complex objects.

Thank you for you reply. Have you ever tried to import your model from Revit? Because I've just used revit for my modeling so far ...

Comment

Originally posted by kiana.mousavi View Post
                Thank you for you reply. Have you ever tried to import your model from Revit? Because I've just used revit for my modeling so far ...
                You'll have to go from Revit into 3ds max to unwrap the UVWs for lightmaps. Revit doesn't make the cleanest models, especially anything round or curved but it is possible.

I had only used Revit as well until I started getting into UE4, it's not hard to learn it just takes time and dedication. I would recommend doing a lot of 3ds max tutorials so you're not always relying on Revit. Learn the Revit > 3ds workflow, then the 3ds > UE4 workflow. It can be daunting at times but this community is amazing and people are more than willing to help you out if you run into problems.

I was in your shoes not too long ago so feel free to send me a message if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help you out.
                James Gallagher

Architectural Technologist, P3Architecture Partnership

Comment

Originally posted by James_Gallagher View Post
                  You'll have to go from Revit into 3ds max to unwrap the UVWs for lightmaps. Revit doesn't make the cleanest models, especially anything round or curved but it is possible.

I had only used Revit as well until I started getting into UE4, it's not hard to learn it just takes time and dedication. I would recommend doing a lot of 3ds max tutorials so you're not always relying on Revit. Learn the Revit > 3ds workflow, then the 3ds > UE4 workflow. It can be daunting at times but this community is amazing and people are more than willing to help you out if you run into problems.

I was in your shoes not too long ago so feel free to send me a message if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help you out.
                  Hi James thank you so much for your tips and also your support. So I guess I have to finally work with 3ds and overcome the fear lol. I will try the procedure you suggested, hope I can be good enough soon like you guys..

Comment

Working...
                  X