Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evermotion announces new Unreal scenes (and releases free arch-viz tips videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
    I've tried Unwrella and I got some trouble trying to unwrap Evermotion's models... It just crashes or freezes on almost every high poly model. I think the problem is that those Evermotion's models are always a group of many individual meshes. To generate mapping I need to attach everything together and the mesh generated on the process is not good for Unwrealla (maybe too many overlapping and intersecting triangles). After trying a bunch of models I just gave up on that.

Let me know if you get nice results..
    Originally posted by RI3DVIZ View Post
    I thought the Unreal content from Evermotion was already unwrapped and lightmapped? If it's not what's the point?
    He's probably talking about regular Evermotion's meshes. And Rabellogp, you don't need to group every parts together and have only 1 lightmap. Just make a lightmap for each part separately. Steamroller can generate a lightmap for each part at once, instantly. Works better imo.

I'm having success with flatten mapping for quite complex meshes. Like chair One models, beolab speakers, sofas, vases, even a ful car made of 100+ pieces unwrapped individually!!! Are you on Maya too Rabellogp?
    Last edited by heartlessphil; 09-18-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering if you unwrap geometry in Max/Maya with channel 2 for Lightmass, is there any way to automate Light Map Coordinate Index to look for channel 2 not for 1 as default... That because all regular mapping is done for channel 1 in Max/Maya.

In general what's the workflow with this, moving all mapping to channel 2 and unwrap it in channel 1 is not so great and fast option...

BTW Scenes are looking really great, have pre-ordered pack...

Comment

You can change the lightmap index to any channel (0 to 7 iirc) in unreal but you may have to do it manually for each meshes.

Comment

So there are no workaround for that manual setting Coordinate index? If you have a lot of geometry, you will have to do it all by hand?

Comment

Originally posted by RI3DVIZ View Post
            I thought the Unreal content from Evermotion was already unwrapped and lightmapped? If it's not what's the point?
            Yeah, like heartlessphil said, I'm talking about the regular Evermotion's models. Those new ones intended to UE4 are already mapped, but they are few. I have tons of Evermotions regular 3DS models here, and I'm always looking for the best way to migrate them to UE4...

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
            He's probably talking about regular Evermotion's meshes. And Rabellogp, you don't need to group every parts together and have only 1 lightmap. Just make a lightmap for each part separately. Steamroller can generate a lightmap for each part at once, instantly. Works better imo.

I'm having success with flatten mapping for quite complex meshes. Like chair One models, beolab speakers, sofas, vases, even a ful car made of 100+ pieces unwrapped individually!!! Are you on Maya too Rabellogp?
            Flatten mapping does an ok job for most of the models. But it's not perfect... I'd like some more control over it. Like adjusting the mapping islands edges to the model's edges... Unwrella makes this possible, but it just won't work on most of Evermotion's models... I could use it on every model's individual part, but then I need to keep them separated forever, since attaching them after the mapping process will mess up with the non-overlapped mapping... I'm on 3DS, not Maya... Maybe Unwrella works better on Maya? I'm not sure...
            Last edited by rabellogp; 09-19-2015, 08:29 PM.
            Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
            Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Archinteriors for Unreal vol. 2 is now in discounted price (€84), due to our "New Shop Promotion". If you haven't bought it yet, it's quite a good time to make a purchase this week. If you already have it, you may be interested in AI for UE vol. 1 - also discounted.

Get Archinteriors for UE vol. 2
              Get Archinteriors for UE vol. 1

Comment

Originally posted by dr_after View Post
                Archinteriors for Unreal vol. 2 is now in discounted price (€84), due to our "New Shop Promotion". If you haven't bought it yet, it's quite a good time to make a purchase this week. If you already have it, you may be interested in AI for UE vol. 1 - also discounted.

Get Archinteriors for UE vol. 2
                Get Archinteriors for UE vol. 1
                I have to be honest with you guys. I have decades in the design field and I think having content for UE4 already lightmapped is awesome! That said the content I have seen in terms of furniture does not cut it for the clients I have. As an example your volume of couches there is maybe 5 that I would consider using. I personally would like to see high end furnishings available as single pieces - I'm not going to buy a volume of pieces just to get 5 useable pieces.

Comment

Thanks for the videos!
                  | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

RI3DVIZ: we hear you! We will consider it of course!
                    Steve_T: thanks, we hope you find them useful.
                    Last edited by dr_after; 10-15-2015, 04:34 AM.

Comment

这个跟效果图没什么区别了,好牛逼!!

Comment

about discount

Hi, I'm waiting next discount chance.

Comment

Working...
                        X