Change Assets in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Assets in game

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to the documentation or any tutorials for changing assets during game play. I would like to be able to swap assets similar to this project on ue4arch's website https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=92&v=aeeGxW1qeEc

Go forward to 1:30 or so to see what I'm talking about.

How would you handle lighting for this type of scenario?

Thanks in advance!

I believe you can do this in blueprint with a simple toggle on visibility with the assets you want, but this assets must be set to movable and you can't bake lights on them, otherwise the shadow they project on the floor won't be updated once they swap in gameplay.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm looking for..the documentation on how to create a blueprint to handle changing actors during gameplay. I've been able to create a blueprint for an actor where i can walk up to it, it's highlighted, and then I can press a key to cycle through 3 materials. Looks like this Static Mesh > Multigate (Pins for each Element of the object > Set Material (one for each material I want to cycle through). I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to do the same for an actor change. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

I did this here just to show you, it's quite easy and you can use the same logic you did for the material change. Everytime I hit the input, it changes the asset. Hope it helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	Change assets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1086967

Comment

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

Comment

No problem, glad I could help

Comment

Is their a way to do this, so instead of assets, it would be static mesh actors being changed during gameplay?

Comment

with the same logic, yes of course!

Comment

Thans for that
                  ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Working...
                  X