Unreal Engine exterior Night and Day Architectural Visualization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    You can try a LUT, to kind of give a uniform look to your scene! But I like your new screen! Now if you tone down the leakings, you have a great scene man! good job!

You did the leaks with vertex painting?
    I am glad that you liked it. Will be using LUTs soon. This was quick PS treatment for the time being, working on few interior shots now.

No I didn't use vertex painting, as I have created this whole scene first in 3ds Max and Vray and then decided to recreate in Unreal, I had already applied the material there including leaks and all. It was created using VrayBlend Material in 3ds max and in Unreal I used three different channels to simulate this VrayBlend Material - Channel 0 for Concrete, Channel 1 for leaks (Which are multiplied with base concrete material - leaks are Black and White info only) and lastly Channel 3 for lightmass.
    Raghu
    http://rag3dviz.com
    HDRI Lighting Tutorial
    Basic UVW Workflow Tutorial

Comment

Is the sky an HDRI image? Are you using an HDRI for the scene lighting?

www.aaronsmithey.com

Comment

Originally posted by asmithey View Post
        Is the sky an HDRI image? Are you using an HDRI for the scene lighting?
        Yes, sky is HDRI and Used HDRI for scene lighting.
        Raghu
        HDRI Lighting Tutorial

Comment

How did you set up your HDRI?

I'm trying to set up one as a skylight, the lighting is ok , I know about the resloution limitation, but how did you use it about a hires backplate?

Thanks

Comment

Raghu, add a very very subtle normal map (like wavy) to your glass normal and your reflections will look more real. No glass is 100% flat in the real world... and it will give the impression of movement. I'm pretty sure that's what Rabellogp did in his scene cause you kinda see a little distortion in the windows :-P

Comment

Raghu, add a very very subtle normal map (like wavy) to your glass normal and your reflections will look more real. No glass is 100% flat in the real world... and it will give the impression of movement. I'm pretty sure that's what Rabellogp did in his scene cause you kinda see a little distortion in the windows :-P
              Sure will try that.
              Raghu
              HDRI Lighting Tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by zerocdv View Post
                How did you set up your HDRI?

I'm trying to set up one as a skylight, the lighting is ok , I know about the resloution limitation, but how did you use it about a hires backplate?

Thanks
                To get the backplate look sharp use - "NoMipmaps" in Mip Gen Settings of HRDI texture.

Attached is the SkyHDRi material.
                Attached Files
                Raghu
                HDRI Lighting Tutorial

Comment

SOme Interior Render

These are some quick renders to illustrate the interior. It's kinda empty so didn't spend too much time improving the lightmass. Render time 1 hour 38 mins.

Raghu
                  HDRI Lighting Tutorial

Comment

Looks very very good but I don't like the background backplate, it's distracting a bit (and blurry/low res). But I know it's a pain to have nice background.

Comment

This is a great tip, thanks!
                      James Gallagher

Architectural Technologist, P3Architecture Partnership

Comment

congrats raghu the scene looks really good and i'm really digging the lighting of the night shots and the interiors... about the last ones...do you mind sharing your workflow on how you achieved this good lighting in such a small time ( 1 hr and 38 mins is impressive for production quality!) thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by sterne View Post
                          congrats raghu the scene looks really good and i'm really digging the lighting of the night shots and the interiors... about the last ones...do you mind sharing your workflow on how you achieved this good lighting in such a small time ( 1 hr and 38 mins is impressive for production quality!) thanks in advance
                          In this scene I have tested my new lighting setup, I am still developing it and will create a full flash video tutorial soon. Mean while I am using only a skylight with HDRI and directional light to lit the scene, as of the time I suggest please don't blindly follow koola's settings directly..they tend to increase render time many folds without any visual quality increase after a certain threshold. On thing is sure that to get quality and speed ratio properly we still need to alter the Baselightmass.ini.

Attached Files
                          Raghu
                          HDRI Lighting Tutorial

Comment

牛逼~ 不能少于十个字

Comment

[QUOTE=Raghu;367679]I tried to reduce the saturation so as to avoid the cartoony look. Will be trying new foliage soon.

I like that better! There is a chart for the color of real world lights in RGB numbers, I think adjusting your lighting color will help too. Just Google color of real world lights in RGB to get the chart.

Comment

[QUOTE=RI3DVIZ;375128]
                                Originally posted by Raghu View Post
                                I tried to reduce the saturation so as to avoid the cartoony look. Will be trying new foliage soon.

I like that better! There is a chart for the color of real world lights in RGB numbers, I think adjusting your lighting color will help too. Just Google color of real world lights in RGB to get the chart.
                                Generally I use temperature for light color, as it is more accurate and resembles the real world values. This project was a noob attempt to create something artistic but I think I failed miserably.
                                Raghu
                                HDRI Lighting Tutorial

Comment

Working...
                                X