X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the.doctor View Post
    @hardyhutajaya

Exactly, I'm using same workflow...

Is it possible to make your own starting assets for new project? Like meshes, materials, textures in one custom library? I know that copying to project folder can solve some of it, but i have problems with linking meshes with textures, paths are lost very often...
    Hey @the.doctor,

Not sure if i got your question correct, but you can use the migrate function to transfer the assets then the paths and materials will be kept together.

Comment

hey folks. i'm presently working in a max scene that was originally built for v-ray. however - like the others above - i'm going to export the entire scene to unreal.

i'm going through the entire model and optimizing the models as they're too heavy for unreal - lots of smoothing.

my question. what's the use/benefit of baking a lightmap per hardyhutajaya's workflow?

i'm basically giving all my models a unique color id/name - then in unreal, i will gradually build up all my materials procedurally - box-mapping basics.

does anyone have suggestions to my process? it would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhutajaya View Post
        talking about workflow, i use 3 scripts to speed up transfer 3ds max to unreal.

3a) http://www.tomshannon3d.com/2014/09/tstoolsv11.html : Export all models into fbx.
        3b) Modified the TStools slightly so i can copy the entire scene into Unreal without having to reselect the box mesh to the one that i wanted.

Sometimes the customers are more concerned about the speed to produce a visualisation more than the photorealness itself, so a fast workflow is crucial to some in the industry. Was wondering if anyone might have a better or faster workflow out there?
        Hi Hardyhutajaya,

i did some test with the TStools a couple of weeks ago, and the biggest problem with this tool ist that it don't assign the right mesehs in unreal automaticly. Did you managed to solve this by what you wrote in 3b) ? And if so on what level you modified the script ?

chees
        Dominic
        RealVis Studios

Marketplace: Orbit Camera System
        | Culling Material Effect

Comment

Originally posted by DominicBauer View Post
          Hi Hardyhutajaya,

i did some test with the TStools a couple of weeks ago, and the biggest problem with this tool ist that it don't assign the right mesehs in unreal automaticly. Did you managed to solve this by what you wrote in 3b) ? And if so on what level you modified the script ?

chees
          Dominic
          Hi Dominic,
          You can follow the video here to modify the scripts. After that i created an export folder under contents and imported every mesh into that folder. Hope it helps.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBww9A5FHLo

P.S In this period have you found out any other method to import the scenes ?

Comment

Hi Hardy,

thanks for the tutorial, i haven't had a chance to test it yet.
            I didn't found another way till now, but i was also thinking about editing the script so it will make the import/export easier plus keeps instance meshes. I am not sure how much work you have with your workflow in Unreal. What is the most time consuming thing at the moment ?

cheers
            Dominic
            RealVis Studios

Marketplace: Orbit Camera System
            | Culling Material Effect

Comment

Originally posted by DominicBauer View Post
              Hi Hardy,

thanks for the tutorial, i haven't had a chance to test it yet.
              I didn't found another way till now, but i was also thinking about editing the script so it will make the import/export easier plus keeps instance meshes. I am not sure how much work you have with your workflow in Unreal. What is the most time consuming thing at the moment ?

cheers
              Dominic
              Actually once you have all the scripts in place and you have a library of materials you use stored somewhere the process becomes smooth. Time consuming of course is to get the lighting and experimenting to get the best feel etc.

The TS_Tools method i still feel is not perfect, because it forces me to have a very strict naming convention, and i can't group objects together.

Hardy

Comment

Working...
              X