X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Wow! That video looks stunning!

I'm curious about those reflections at 0:40- are they just standard SSR or did you bake a cubemap? They look really nice and very real! I've found glass is very hard to get right in UE4 but you nailed it!
    Thanks, man!

Yeah, they are baked. I've used a scene capture cube. They are sharper than the ordinary reflection capture, but still too artificial... UE4 still lacks nice and precise reflections for mirror like surfaces... Hope they come up with a solution for that soon, it's essential for archviz...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow! That video looks stunning!

I'm curious about those reflections at 0:40- are they just standard SSR or did you bake a cubemap? They look really nice and very real! I've found glass is very hard to get right in UE4 but you nailed it!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied

http://i.imgur.com/IiIX7DA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o25BnmM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Eh2fSXo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5xDOzbM.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rabellogp; 07-17-2015, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice! Looking better and better for each iteration. Quite inspiring to see such a big and good looking outdoor scene =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by asmithey View Post
    That is how my set up is too. But I still have a few problem areas. Do you know if the UE4 landscape mesh can be subdivided in certain areas to allow for fine sculpting?
    I don't think so... You can achieve similar result with another technique though. For example, instead of creating a huge 500x500m terrain and add more detail to certain area, create four 250x250m side by side and add a lot of segments just for the instance you'll need extra detail.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is how my set up is too. But I still have a few problem areas. Do you know if the UE4 landscape mesh can be subdivided in certain areas to allow for fine sculpting?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Looking great as always dude!
    Thanks, my friend

Originally posted by asmithey View Post
    Hi,

Very nice....I am too learning UE$ you are way ahead of me. I did not read all the posts as there are to many. But I have some questions as to how you handle the sloping grade near the house using UE4's landscape mesh? I made the actual site from Terrasculptor with dem info. Then generated a height map to generate my landscape mesh in UE4. The thing is the quads are huge on the UE4 mesh and I can not sculpt the site near the house and I have huge gaps between the house and the site mesh. How did you get such nice sloping grade close to the house with UE4s landscape mesh?
    The terrain near the house (10m margin) is just another mesh imported from 3DS with the house itself. Then I adjusted the Unreal terrain to go just beneath that imported terrain. It's almost like cover a crater with a plate (the imported mesh). Then you can blend the intersection with foliage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

Very nice....I am too learning UE4 you are way ahead of me. I did not read all the posts as there are to many. But I have some questions as too how you handle the sloping grade near the house using UE4's landscape mesh? I made the actual site from Terrasculptor with dem info. Then generated a height map to generate my landscape mesh in UE4. The thing is the quads are huge on the UE4 mesh and I can not sculpt the site near the house and I have huge gaps between the house and the site mesh. How did you get such nice sloping grade close to the house with UE4s landscape mesh?
    Last edited by asmithey; 07-29-2015, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking great as always dude!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
    So you are not using any baked lighting anymore? I tried baking the light for my building and after that, switch the skylight to movable to get access to distance field shadowing, but its not compatible with each other
    I'm still using baked lighting. Dynamic skylight is only necessary for Distance Field Ambient Occlusion, you don't need it to cast Ray Traced Distance Field shadows. Just turn it on under your sunlight Directional Light properties and it'll work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
    I'm using a combination of Cascaded Shadow Maps and Ray Traced Distance Field shadows. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ing/index.html
    So you are not using any baked lighting anymore? I tried baking the light for my building and after that, switch the skylight to movable to get access to distance field shadowing, but its not compatible with each other

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lipe992 View Post
    Hello guys, okay?

My pc is a i7 2600, 8gb of ram. I had a video card nvidia frame 600. switched to gtx 960 and now I have 16gb of ram.
    Do you have any tips on some configuration in U4? I'm using it as standard. With this PC configuration must set something in unreal?

Thanks! and beautiful work !!
    I have a similar configuration. It's a nice config for most kind of projects in Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello guys, okay?

My pc is a i7 2600, 8gb of ram. I had a video card nvidia frame 600. switched to gtx 960 and now I have 16gb of ram.
      Do you have any tips on some configuration in U4? I'm using it as standard. With this PC configuration must set something in unreal?

Thanks! and beautiful work !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DenisViz View Post
    How you did that shadow falling on the grass, my shadow only from dynamic objects such as trees, but no from static. Thank you in advance for your reply.
    I'm using a combination of Cascaded Shadow Maps and Ray Traced Distance Field shadows. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ing/index.html
    It's strange that you are not getting static shadows on your grass though... Is it a static mesh?

Originally posted by Raghu View Post
    Really nice looking scene. you did a wonderful job with lighting.
    Thanks, man

Leave a comment:

Working...
X