Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by irex View Post
    Looks fantastic! We you doing any Photoshop edit on pictures or are they strait from UE?
    No photoshop editions. It's strait from UE with the High Resolution Tool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks fantastic! We you doing any Photoshop edit on pictures or are they strait from UE?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cadviz View Post
    Nice try...
    I don't know why you are not satisfied with the palms you used in your previous images...!!?
    About the scale; in my country dates palms are everywhere; top height (leaves) may reach (15 meters); leaves diameter (5~8 meters). I suggest 12m height with 5m leaves Dia would be fair...
    Best wishes
    Thanks, man..
    The palms from previous images are pretty, but too artificial for the level of photorealism I'm trying to achieve... I could tell they are not real at first glance. I've actually taken them from the Racing Game content, so I wasn't expecting photorealism anyway, they were just placeholders until I find something better

I think those first palms were Date Palms indeed, but the ones I've made are Royal Palms, they don't get so huge like the first ones in real life. They look fine by themselves, but when I put them near those wood seats they just look off I think...

One reference:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
    Since I've never found a decent Royal Palm asset for real-time stuff, I decided to build one by myself from scratch... I'm using SpeedTree, and this is the first decent result I got:

[IMAGE]

There is still some work to do. I want to add more bark variations, improve the leaflets visuals and adjust the LODs. Maybe some scale adjustments too, those palms are huge in real life but it's looking a little bit off to me.
    Nice try...
    I don't know why you are not satisfied with the palms you used in your previous images...!!?
    About the scale; in my country dates palms are everywhere; top height (leaves) may reach (15 meters); leaves diameter (5~8 meters). I suggest 12m height with 5m leaves Dia would be fair...
    Best wishes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since I've never found a decent Royal Palm asset for real-time stuff, I decided to build one by myself from scratch... I'm using SpeedTree, and this is the first decent result I got:

http://i.imgur.com/hr0rGjy.jpg

There is still some work to do. I want to add more bark variations, improve the leaflets visuals and adjust the LODs. Maybe some scale adjustments too, those palms are huge in real life but it's looking a little bit off to me.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here it goes:

first project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkt78w1jv6...ject1.TGA?dl=0
    second one (from this topic): https://www.dropbox.com/s/w57i3im2j1...ject2.TGA?dl=0

They are just level correction (more contrast) and a bit of bluish shadows.
    Let me know if it works for you
    Thanks for your time & uploading...
    Unfortunately; they gave me strange results... as you said (they are different for each project.); Anyway; seems I have to create my LUT's for my own projects by myself...
    Thanks again &
    Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by duke22 View Post
    Did you rely on UE4's automatic lightmap UV's or did you make them manually? If you made them, did you use anything in particular to make the process easier?
    I make them manually.

There is a 3DS script that speeds up the process (link), but after place the scene in UE4 and made some tests, I always update the main meshes with a carefully hand made unwrap mapping to get the best results with the smallest lightmap possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you rely on UE4's automatic lightmap UV's or did you make them manually? If you made them, did you use anything in particular to make the process easier?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for all deep clarification and sharing

I think it is possible... just a right click on the LUT asset and export...
    But I don't know which format would be the best (TGA OR BMP)...!!
    Here it goes:

first project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkt78w1jv6...ject1.TGA?dl=0
    second one (from this topic): https://www.dropbox.com/s/w57i3im2j1...ject2.TGA?dl=0

They are just level correction (more contrast) and a bit of bluish shadows.
    Let me know if it works for you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for all deep clarification and sharing
    I would share those specific LUT if I still had it . After importing it in UE4, I just delete the png asset (it is useless for me since I never reuse them). Is there a way to extract it from UE4? If there is a way to do that, just let me know and I upload it somewhere.
    I think it is possible... just a right click on the LUT asset and export...
    But I don't know which format would be the best (TGA OR BMP)...!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Export LUT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	1082568

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Robbie222 View Post
    Your work is inspiring. Really nice job!

Is there any tutorial that would help me understand how to use cubemaps for a mirror?
    It's simple.

1) Add a "Scene Capture Cube" in your scene (it will look like a camera in the viewport).
    2) Create a new "Cube Render Target" in your content browser (it's under "Materials & Textures).
    3) Add the Cube Render Target you've just created in the "Texture Target" on Scene Capture Cube details:

4) Now you can add the "Cube Render Target" as a node in your material. Combine it with a color and plug it in the Base Color channel of the material to fake the reflection. Don't forget the "Reflection Vector" node to adjust the coordinates properly. Example:

Note that the location of your Scene Capture Cube is very important as it will determine the center of your cubemap. You can think of it as a replacement for the default Reflection Capture, but with the possibility of increasing the resolution (under Cube Render Target details) and with real time capture (it will be much more expensive because of that). You can disable the real time capture under the Scene Capture Cube details panel (disabling "Capture Every Frame").

Originally posted by Tom_LeFx View Post
    That looks really good! Great work.
    We worked on an outdoor project our self lately and had some issues with foliage performance and so on...
    How did you create the really dense, small grass around the pool/house?
    Could you show some single asset-shots of the foliage actors you used there?
    Is that part of the grass statically lit or dynamically as the rest of your scene?

Do you use any kind of LOD/Distance-Cull?
    The short grass is dynamically lit. It consumes too much RAM to use lightmaps on them, but that would definitely improve the framerate...
    I use a SpeedTree asset and it has 3 levels of LOD. You can find the details here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...t=archviz+lawn and here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ight=rabellogp

As in the previous project Archviz Project ... Very nice decent rendering... which I couldn't reach even for a small house
    although I did as you had mentioned in that project (talking about the light settings) in post #46 where you said (The lighting settings are simple, just a lightsource and a skylight. For the post processing, I'm using a custom LUT...)
    may be the key was the (LUT) you had used; which I wish if you can share it with us to try ...
    My best wishes...
    and waiting for more success.
    I create my LUTs in Photoshop and they are different for each project. After building my scene, I set all the properties in the Post Process Volume to zero to get the cleanest possible image sample. Than I take a screenshot and work on it with Photoshop to get the results I want and generate the LUT as described here. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ing/index.html

I would share those specific LUT if I still had it . After importing it in UE4, I just delete the png asset (it is useless for me since I never reuse them). Is there a way to extract it from UE4? If there is a way to do that, just let me know and I upload it somewhere.

Same here... a nice guy promising to make a tutorial as soon as he can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHcGKs0uqLo
    This method consists of a blueprint algorithm to place and move a camera at your reflection's point of view (since this is how true reflection works). I demands work to update that point of view every time you move and replace it every time you change cameras (when making a matinee video, for example). And it also has troubles with stuff behind that wall where you want your reflections. Since the reflection's camera is going to be "inside" the wall, all the stuff between the reflection's eye and the wall must be hidden somehow.

I don't know why UE4 doesn't have a realtime reflection technique built in like UE3 has. It's an important feature...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rabellogp; 07-26-2015, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Robbie222 View Post
    ...Is there any tutorial that would help me understand how to use cubemaps for a mirror?
    Same here... a nice guy promising to make a tutorial as soon as he can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHcGKs0uqLo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As in the previous project Archviz Project ... Very nice decent rendering... which I couldn't reach even for a small house
    although I did as you had mentioned in that project (talking about the light settings) in post #46 where you said (The lighting settings are simple, just a lightsource and a skylight. For the post processing, I'm using a custom LUT...)
    may be the key was the (LUT) you had used; which I wish if you can share it with us to try ...
    My best wishes...
    and waiting for more success.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That looks really good! Great work.
    We worked on an outdoor project our self lately and had some issues with foliage performance and so on...
    How did you create the really dense, small grass around the pool/house?
    Could you show some single asset-shots of the foliage actors you used there?
    Is that part of the grass statically lit or dynamically as the rest of your scene?

Do you use any kind of LOD/Distance-Cull?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your work is inspiring. Really nice job!

Is there any tutorial that would help me understand how to use cubemaps for a mirror?
    Last edited by Robbie222; 07-19-2015, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X