Architectural Visualization and Light Maps workflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool thanks!
    Very interesting, i'm wondering why this tips of creating good lightmaps are so rare, epic should upload a bit more dokumenation or tutorials about creating the *perfect* lightmap.
    I'm reading the very first time about this 1+1 pixel border... that should be left.

Comment

In mine I put a maximum of 512, still much work to do but I think you should look at something more than simply raise the Light Map Resolution to cover mistakes.

Separates objects, I put doors, handles, frames, all separately and each with its uv chanel 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Adik View Post
        For testing meshes i'm uising simple Directlight "sun" and skylight. For a door frame which has around 1000 tris, i tested so far 256, 512 and 1024 lightmaps.
        The door frame lightmaps are not so bad, they look ok but they have some small imperfections. I will post later other shots, with other meshes, where the lightmap imperfections are bigger.

For the door frame, when uisng a darker material, basically this would fix a lot or at least make the dark spots not really vissible. But i simply love to work with bright / white colors.

As JMSC pointed out, you have issues with too little padding and too much stichting. The UV setup needs to be refined a bit.

Stich things that are probably lit, and detach stuff that is probably a shadow area. And give them all more space in between, so you won't have bleeding or the black borders.

Comment

Working...
        X