Apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apartment

I am attaching a few pictures and a video about some tests on lighting and programming developed on Unreal Engine.
    What can I say, we are more than happy with the result !!!!
    Thanks to all the developers at Epic, you are amazing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	1148260

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	1148261

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	1148262

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	1148263

https://vimeo.com/125263798
    Last edited by Aleda; 04-17-2015, 01:38 PM.

Very nice, I like the black sofa. Could probably use a little more lighting around the table area, but otherwise nice work. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Cool images Aleda and really a great video (even the other posted on Vimeo). Two questions:
      I see that you are Italian, where are you from?
      how did you put the images in the thread? (when I add some attachment it will be visualized as just a thumbnail, impossible to view at its original size)
      ...one more little question, I've tried to make a video from matinee, but just for few seconds I found an incredibly heavy file (2/3 Gb)...waht is the "correct way"?

Ciao, Paolo
      Last edited by paoloverona; 04-17-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

^You have to use the insert image button in the toolbar above the text box, not the add attachments button. It's right between the unlink and video button symbols.

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Thanks a lot SE_JonF! ....have you read the "update" to my previous reply? (maybe you could helpful again)
          Last edited by paoloverona; 04-17-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I just really want that leather material. It's spot-on.
            Theia Interactive makes immersive VR experiences in collaboration with the world’s leading companies and creatives, leveraging this bleeding edge technology to pioneer the next generation of entertainment, storytelling, and customer engagement.

Comment

Yeah the brown leather sofa in that second picture looks fantastic, could be a real picture. Agree that the black table is a little dark but overall v nice work.

Can I ask, did you use koola's lighting method with the spot and quad?

Comment

Yes, I'm Italian.
                Regarding the lighting I used a hybrid method, some spot on external plans to simulate indirect light coming from the outside, and in order to better define the shadows. Near the windows have I placed the other, but by activating the Ray Traced Distance Field Soft Shadows.
                Below the shader of the sofa.

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	1074677

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	1074678