Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
    Little update... Just got myself a 980 Ti and opened that VXGI scene again (I didn't touch it anymore since my last update here, it has multibounce on).
    Nice performance improvement!

gtx 780 ~9fps
    gtx 980Ti ~30fps

hi !

can u post a video 4K@60 fps with matinee using VXGI? just few seconds plz

i think with matinee it will be absolutly perfect

may thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you can go with r.VXGI.MapSize 64
    and
    r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR 1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would you mind posting the material settings for the glass on the lights above the dining table? They look fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys, Certainly don't want to hijack [MENTION=360]rabellogp[/MENTION] excellent topic but in case you're interested in Arch-conversions to VXGI, I just posted a experiment with XOIO's Berlin Flat on my blog
    Quite the challenge I must say

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hainzgrimmer View Post
    Your work is really good! Can I ask you if the carpet's fur is modeled or is just a material? in the second case would be too much asking how you built it? thanks in any case (honestly I'm too un-technical to understand anything about the VXGI =( )
    Hey, man. Thanks, glad you like it

For the carpet I used the same technique that I've used to make grass. It's a bunch of planes with fur texture scattered over the surface (with foliage tool). In that specific case it's the SpeedTree Backyard Grass model with dessatured diffuse colors .

You can find the details here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...t=archviz+lawn and here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ight=rabellogp

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your work is really good! Can I ask you if the carpet's fur is modeled or is just a material? in the second case would be too much asking how you built it? thanks in any case (honestly I'm too un-technical to understand anything about the VXGI =( )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AmirAskary View Post
    Hello , Does "glitches" problem solved with your new graphic card ? i have same problem here with GTX 970 !
    The glitches are pretty much gone by now. But it's due to VXGI updates, not the graphics card.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello , Does "glitches" problem solved with your new graphic card ? i have same problem here with GTX 970 !
    Last edited by A.Askari; 03-29-2016, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i tried to use VXGI in my project for VR. And... it needs sooo much time.

·With the UE GI almost get 75fps and with VXGI just... 35-50fps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't touch the baselightmass.ini. Interior white walls are the worst case scenario you can get for lightmass. It's really hard to get a "dirt-free" lighting in this situation... But there are some tricks you can use to reduce those those problems. I'll list the most important ones in my opinion, it may help you:

1) First of all you must make sure that you have nice unwrap mapping for all your assets and mainly the walls and white surfaces (and set high lightmap res for them).

2) After that, you must look for light leaking in the corners. Sometimes, if you have a mesh with a portion of its surface exposed to intense light and another portion under shadow, you'll get light leaking and the solution is to break the mesh into peaces (one for the bright environment, other for the shadows).

3) Always try to avoid plain white materials. Use at least a normal map to give the walls some texture. Some sort of variation texture on the roughness channel also helps. Unrealparis scene may be 95% white, but if you look carefully you'll notice a lot of normal textures and stuff on the wall corners. Those helps a lot to hide any lightmass artifacts. And you'll find some dark spots on that project anyway if you go to dark places (like around the main door behind the player at the very first position).

4) And finally, you should always avoid regions in your interiors where direct light can't reach. Make sure to put at least one source of light in every room. Use skyportals for the windows (reflectors with spotlights like the ones in koola's scene at marketplace) and artificial lights for the rooms without windows or regions of large rooms where natural light won't reach.

Here is my lightmass setup for that scene:

Have in mind that I'm far from being an expert on this... You can find a lot of dark spots in those images I've posted... I'm always trying to improve interior lighting somehow though.
    Do you mean to break the walls up into separate meshes or to break up the ceiling into seperate meshes? Or both?
    I have a few places in the corners around the top of my walls that have light bleeding. So would I detach the faces of the walls in these places as seperate meshes? and then break up the ceiling into multiple meshes (say 3x) instead of one big mesh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was looking through arch viz threads on the forums with a particular question in mind, this thread might be the best one to ask.

How do you go about UV Unwrapping, I mean the whole workflow involved. I know OP mentioned his workflow in the first few posts but still there are some things that bother me. To be specific I'd appreciate any kind of tips when it comes to importing evermotion archinteriors in particular.

Let me break down my workflow as it is now (appreciate any guidelines to what I'm doing wrong)

1. Open up V-Ray scene in 3ds
    2. Get rid of cameras, lights in order to just leave all of the models
    3. Run Steamroller script (was that the name?) to Unwrap the UVs automatically and in one go
    4. I'll skip V-Ray mats conversion for now, since I'm applying plain white mat in UE just for testing purposes
    5. Import to UE without combining the meshes, place everything
    6. Building low quality lightning (mostly medium setting) to check for overlapping UVs
    7. And now, once UE spits out errors with overlapping UVs I then get back to 3ds and adjust UVs manually

And here it ends for me at the moment, I haven't build any proper scene yet, just testing outs the importing and conversion part.

I'd appreciate anyone bullet pointing his/hers workflow or any tips in that matter.

Peace !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's been a while since I've played with VXGI and I don't have it installed on my system right now to remember the names, but I ....
    It is not fair to delete such a nice excellent work (Archviz Rendering) like this done with VXGI...
    I was about to ask you to share this UE4 project for study...!! but you killed my hope by deleting it... Really not fair

Leave a comment:

• replied
    anyone know how to start VXGI?
    any tutorials?

and i cant into this web:

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine
    Last edited by tc22; 02-01-2016, 04:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice works,does 780Ti can run VXGI in this scene at 30fps?I think VXGI maybe useful after 2 years,or when UE4 support SLi.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this looks great I guess I wont be able to run it in my laptop after hearing the fps you guys get lol :-) but nice work! 980ti hmm I have to think of buying a new computer..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X