Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Looks like a photo of my future home.

The only thing at odds, at least for me, are that all lights are turned on, in a room which is very bright already, and gets a lot daylight. And the lights all look like 60 watt.
    Lol, I totally agree

The lights being turned on during daylight like that is odd, but it's how they do on interior archviz photography many times.. It's like the original scene as you can see here (page 6): http://www.evermotion.org/modelshop/...l-29/9520/0/0/

The problem is that I didn't give too much attention to the light intensities, I've just applied the same bright material on every single lamp . Ambient light is also brighter in my scene than in the original one. I'll work on that later.
    Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
    Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Hi,

I have a stupid questions but:

1- how you find and install VXGI? impossible to find or explaination about what to do install on UE4 (474)

2- I need to make exactly same as you, take a scene already made in 3dsmax (evermotion or other, with vray or other rendreing engine) and would like to export for UE4, how to do to import properly the scene with material like you made.

appreciate some help

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by erikde View Post
        Hi,

I have a stupid questions but:

1- how you find and install VXGI? impossible to find or explaination about what to do install on UE4 (474)

2- I need to make exactly same as you, take a scene already made in 3dsmax (evermotion or other, with vray or other rendreing engine) and would like to export for UE4, how to do to import properly the scene with material like you made.

appreciate some help

Erik
        Hey there.

1) You'll find all the information you need about how to install and use VXGI here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ks-Integration
        The topic is kinda messy, but I really recommend you to take your time to read everything about VXGI after page 6. There is a lot of tricks and bugs you need to be aware of if you want to get some results with this tech right now (it's not final version).

2) You need to export your scene to UE4 via FBX files. But there is no way to export the materials, just the textures (diffuse, normal, etc..). I exported just the meshes, then I recreated every single material inside UE4 trying to get similar visuals to the Vray version. There is no easy way for that, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by palak123
          Hi Could You plz le us know how you made the material of the carpet/rug. that will be so kind of you. plz.
          It's not a material. The fur is made of geometry. A bunch of planes with fur texture spread over the surface with foliage tool, just like grass technique.

Comment

have you tried unwrella? for complex surfaces it works very well.

Comment

hi,can you tell me how i can use vxgi ???i search the the nvidia site but nothing for download,i also have a gtx 980

Comment

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI

You have to download the source code and compile it with Visual Studio!

Comment

Originally posted by cg is life View Post
                  hi,can you tell me how i can use vxgi ???i search the the nvidia site but nothing for download,i also have a gtx 980
                  As heartlessphil said, you must compile it. If you have no idea what we are talking about, I recommend you to read this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ks-Integration
                  You'll find there how to compile your VXGI version and also a lot of tips and tricks to deal with some bugs and issues. Have in mind that VXGI is still WIP and you'll find some limitations.

Comment

Rabellogp. Are you willing to share a playabble demo of the scene using vxgi? I can test on my gtx 980! I'll report performance!

I'd like to know if you unwrapped every single items or if you've left some of them on ''movable'' so they don't need require a lightmap, thus saving time for small and/or complex objects. In the scene I'm working on, I'm considering having some kitchen appliances set to ''movable'' because I don't feel like unwrapping a ton of detailed geometry.
                    Last edited by heartlessphil; 05-15-2015, 04:11 AM.

Comment

VXGI multibounce is out. You should test it and post new results to see if there's an improvement!

Comment

wowww...I love your materials, and much much much better than evermotion version!
                        http://arsesstudios.com/

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                          Rabellogp. Are you willing to share a playabble demo of the scene using vxgi? I can test on my gtx 980! I'll report performance!

I'd like to know if you unwrapped every single items or if you've left some of them on ''movable'' so they don't need require a lightmap, thus saving time for small and/or complex objects. In the scene I'm working on, I'm considering having some kitchen appliances set to ''movable'' because I don't feel like unwrapping a ton of detailed geometry.
                          Maybe I'll generate a VXGI executable when I get the time to go back to that project. And yes, I've unwraped every single item in this scene, but I've merged some into the same mesh to make it easier. Like those books on the shelf, each shelf column has a cluster of books merged into the same mesh.

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                          VXGI multibounce is out. You should test it and post new results to see if there's an improvement!
                          I didn't know about that... I'm gonna take a look right now =D

Originally posted by Dehghani View Post
                          wowww...I love your materials, and much much much better than evermotion version!
                          I really think they have just rushed those scenes... They probably haven't taken their time to work on nice and complex materials in order to match the VRay scenes. We need to wait and see how they've done though...

Comment

this is fantastic one of the best archviz in ue4,can i ask about your baselightmass.ini ?did you tweak them,,i am working on an interior project and i want to have nice indirect shadows,so i put 0.4 for static lighting level scale and 0.4 for indirect lighting smoothness and 10 for indirect lighting quality and i also tweak the ini to an overkill value,,but some shadows are dirty there is not enough indirect light to create indirect shadows on the objects that are far from light source(my window)how should i make things right?im trying to make something like unrealparis scene

Comment

Originally posted by amir.pourshafi View Post
                              this is fantastic one of the best archviz in ue4,can i ask about your baselightmass.ini ?did you tweak them,,i am working on an interior project and i want to have nice indirect shadows,so i put 0.4 for static lighting level scale and 0.4 for indirect lighting smoothness and 10 for indirect lighting quality and i also tweak the ini to an overkill value,,but some shadows are dirty there is not enough indirect light to create indirect shadows on the objects that are far from light source(my window)how should i make things right?im trying to make something like unrealparis scene
                              I haven't touch the baselightmass.ini. Interior white walls are the worst case scenario you can get for lightmass. It's really hard to get a "dirt-free" lighting in this situation... But there are some tricks you can use to reduce those those problems. I'll list the most important ones in my opinion, it may help you:

1) First of all you must make sure that you have nice unwrap mapping for all your assets and mainly the walls and white surfaces (and set high lightmap res for them).

2) After that, you must look for light leaking in the corners. Sometimes, if you have a mesh with a portion of its surface exposed to intense light and another portion under shadow, you'll get light leaking and the solution is to break the mesh into peaces (one for the bright environment, other for the shadows).

3) Always try to avoid plain white materials. Use at least a normal map to give the walls some texture. Some sort of variation texture on the roughness channel also helps. Unrealparis scene may be 95% white, but if you look carefully you'll notice a lot of normal textures and stuff on the wall corners. Those helps a lot to hide any lightmass artifacts. And you'll find some dark spots on that project anyway if you go to dark places (like around the main door behind the player at the very first position).

4) And finally, you should always avoid regions in your interiors where direct light can't reach. Make sure to put at least one source of light in every room. Use skyportals for the windows (reflectors with spotlights like the ones in koola's scene at marketplace) and artificial lights for the rooms without windows or regions of large rooms where natural light won't reach.

Here is my lightmass setup for that scene:

Have in mind that I'm far from being an expert on this... You can find a lot of dark spots in those images I've posted... I'm always trying to improve interior lighting somehow though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                                I haven't touch the baselightmass.ini. Interior white walls are the worst case scenario you can get for lightmass. It's really hard to get a "dirt-free" lighting in this situation... But there are some tricks you can use to reduce those those problems. I'll list the most important ones in my opinion, it may help you:

1) First of all you must make sure that you have nice unwrap mapping for all your assets and mainly the walls and white surfaces (and set high lightmap res for them).

2) After that, you must look for light leaking in the corners. Sometimes, if you have a mesh with a portion of its surface exposed to intense light and another portion under shadow, you'll get light leaking and the solution is to break the mesh into peaces (one for the bright environment, other for the shadows).

3) Always try to avoid plain white materials. Use at least a normal map to give the walls some texture. Some sort of variation texture on the roughness channel also helps. Unrealparis scene may be 95% white, but if you look carefully you'll notice a lot of normal textures and stuff on the wall corners. Those helps a lot to hide any lightmass artifacts. And you'll find some dark spots on that project anyway if you go to dark places (like around the main door behind the player at the very first position).

4) And finally, you should always avoid regions in your interiors where direct light can't reach. Make sure to put at least one source of light in every room. Use skyportals for the windows (reflectors with spotlights like the ones in koola's scene at marketplace) and artificial lights for the rooms without windows or regions of large rooms where natural light won't reach.

Here is my lightmass setup for that scene:

Have in mind that I'm far from being an expert on this... You can find a lot of dark spots in those images I've posted... I'm always trying to improve interior lighting somehow though.
                                Nice thanks for sharing.
                                http://rag3dviz.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X