What to charge for Arch-viz realtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Real time has an added cost for you: providing support. You're basically selling them a "game" of sorts. Unlike a video, it might have compatibility problems when they try to run it in odd PC configurations or resolutions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Ready to use" material templates / material libraries would be great to enhance archviz worklow. And the possibilty to transfer postprocess volumes to new scenes could be a bonus. Or is it perhaps possible already?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wheewwww, I was going to say... we were going to have to have a heart to heart.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
    Per hour! LOL.
    ;-) now you're talking!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    You aren't serious when you say 20 to 100$ heh? Unless you meant 20k...
    Per hour! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Glad to make this work. We're curious what other features or workflow improvements we can look at to help support arcviz efforts further. Send us your feedback!
    Some way to render video / image sequences from inside a packaged game / archviz would be amazing.

Last edited by HaxO; 10-14-2014, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
    It depends on your location and the scope of the project. Anywhere from $20 for a quick project to $100 for a highly detailed project, including costs of expenses (electricity, purchased assets, travel costs).

Again though, it depends on your market / location / cost of living.

Ray:

One huge improvement I can think of is to have built in IES lighting profiles (generic) available, with the option for the user to use a more specific lighting profile (as is current).
    You aren't serious when you say 20 to 100$ heh? Unless you meant 20k...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It depends on your location and the scope of the project. Anywhere from $20 for a quick project to $100 for a highly detailed project, including costs of expenses (electricity, purchased assets, travel costs).

Again though, it depends on your market / location / cost of living.

Ray:

One huge improvement I can think of is to have built in IES lighting profiles (generic) available, with the option for the user to use a more specific lighting profile (as is current).
    Last edited by SaviorNT; 10-14-2014, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And the cool thing with UE4 is we don't have to spend half the budget on render costs :-)
    Glad to make this work. We're curious what other features or workflow improvements we can look at to help support arcviz efforts further. Send us your feedback!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic What to charge for Arch-viz realtime

What to charge for Arch-viz realtime

I don't know if many of you guys are considering using UE4 to sell visualization, but I do. I have one client at the moment.

My client doesn't need ultra realism but he is interested in movies and possibly real-time. I have a good idea how much still images and movies are Worth. And the cool thing with UE4 is we don't have to spend half the budget on render costs :-)

How much would you charge for a Real time viz... since you are providing your client a .exe. Would you charge the equivalent of a movie? or way more...Considering a standard video fly-tru can be sold for 100$/sec, or even more. I Wonder how much we could make for doing real-time stuff. I know it's a bit more work since we can't use as many tricks like model just the visible parts. In real time you pretty much need to make the whole environment pretty.
Working...
X