• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is one of theirs:

Not sure what they made it in though.

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
      The price seems fair to be honest...They don't explain what they used for the realtime occulus demo tho...The images we see on the article looks like vray renders...i'd be curious to know what they've used.
      I agree, and they market their services pretty well:

ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
      Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

And the demo reel:

Comment

I'm under the impression they use cry engine for their ''real time''...the rest looks like vray to me...Impressive nonetheless. Maybe they use Lumion?

Comment

The video look really good. Its amazing what you can now create and the technology is always expanding.

Comment

I'm under the impression they use cry engine for their ''real time''...the rest looks like vray to me...Impressive nonetheless. Maybe they use Lumion?
              I didn't know about Lumion, it looks great, and the workflow seems pretty fast. I'll copy some of its features.

I don't know if they have used Cryengine, it doesn't have the "Cry-look", that characteristic texture "glow" that Cryengine games have, but if they have used Oculus it has to be something compatible with it, maybe they have it all

Comment

You aren't serious when you say 20 to 100$ heh? Unless you meant 20k...
                $20 will get you a 5 minute phone call...

Comment

I'm actually working on a shading system for the Marketplace that gives you different textures, material presets, and stuff to render different kinds of tiles, wooden flooring, bricks, and a guide to help you make your own pseudo-procedural materials that never appear to tile... for $15. It will release with 50 different presets. If you're interested, check it out here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-Marketplace

Comment

I worked in that studio and i was involved in some of those projects
                    And i believe the technique they use is pretty simple. First of all it is not UE - it's unity. Second thing is that they are using baked GI from VRay , that's why it looks like VRay
                    Animation and demoreel are done in Max + vray.
                    Last edited by oleg.budeanu; 12-02-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

So they use Unity with Oculus Rift for the virtual walkthroughs then?

Comment

that's my guess
                        Engine itself is not that important while it can handle reflections and PB materials , while you are getting GI from VRay baked in textures, right ? And unity developers are much cheaper than Unreal developers as i know
                        To be clear : those videos above from youtube are done in max and vray - without realtime stuff involved.
                        Last edited by oleg.budeanu; 12-02-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I never have a problem charging 100/hour.

Comment

Originally posted by jlnsvfx View Post
                            I never have a problem charging 100/hour.
                            Yea, I charged 75$/hour just for photoshop touch ups on someone else 3d render. So, for a full project, 100$/hour is not far fetched at all!

Comment

wow guys ....just ....that's wow for me. I am more than happy with 15-20$/hr.

Can you pm me some of your work ? I am very curious to see.
                              Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie222 View Post
                                wow guys ....just ....that's wow for me. I am more than happy with 15-20$/hr.

Can you pm me some of your work ? I am very curious to see.
                                If you work for yourself (freelance)...15-20$/h isn't enough...but it depends where you are from, who are your clients, etc. Are you employed or freelancing?

I'm not using ue4 for work by the way.
                                Last edited by heartlessphil; 12-20-2014, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X